Blogging: How to get Started
Anyone who is registered on iCraftGifts.com can setup their Community Profile and start blogging right away.
Here is what you need to do to get started:
- Setup your Blog Profile under your "My Account" first. Here is how your Blog Profile will look like when you fill out all the fields on that form Craft Boutique's Blog.
- Before you start blogging, please read our Blogging Guidelines.
- If you don't see a Category for your blog post, feel free to email us new category name for consideration. We may add a new category, if it fits into our Blog's Handmade theme.
- Click on "Add Post" on the left-hand nav column under My Account to get to the page where you can enter your blog copy. We don’t have an autosave feature yet, so make sure you save your work in Word first!
- If you copy & paste your text from Microsoft Word or any other program, use our "Paste as plain text" or "Paste from Word" buttons at the top, before pasting your copy into our form. This way you will not bring any weird formatting from Word into your blog.
- Save your blog post as "Draft" using a button below the form, until it's ready to be published. You can keep your post as draft for as long as you want.
- Once it's ready, click on the "Publish Now! button, so we could review it before making it Live. You will not be able to make changes to your post after that.