Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  Forums - totally dead
Pages: [1]
Author

Forums - totally dead

Fairy Cardmaker

« on: August 06, 2009, 10:19:28 pm »

How can we get more traffic to the forums so we can feel like there is an online PRESENCE here?  Any ideas to brainstorm?
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 03:13:37 pm »

Yeah, you are right! It is a ghost town here right now.

I truly think it is the summertime blues for forums. People have kids out of school, are traveling & vacationing, etc... If you check forums on other venue sites they have really slowed down.

A lot of schools in the US at least, start in August so families are busy with physical exams, buying school supplies and clothes, etc...

I would love to see the iCraft admin send out a newsletter once a month. This could remind membership of forum topics (like sellers bootcamp, marketing, photography, etc...), can promote the next sellers bootcamp, tell about site updates and things, etc....

Also, the iCraft twitter account could go to the next level by tweeting these very things on and on and be proactive in finding handmade artists to follow so they will follow back.

Well...I have big ideas. I know it takes personnel to do this all. I would be glad to help in any way I can.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 06:33:23 pm »

Sellers, do you know about this page?
https://icraftgifts.com/banners-widgets.php
iCraft Banners and Widgets and MORE - oh my!

I agree, Linda.  iCraft needs to appear more present - regular articles or a newsletter or a blog.

Any other ideas guys?
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 03:18:55 pm »

Hey there!

Good ideas!  I am not surprised to hear other forums quiet.  My views are down at both of my stores too.  Need to start ramping up.

Cheers

Christine
Winged Heart Studio

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 08:03:26 am »

It seems that its always the same folk who participate, doesn't it!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 08:22:23 am »

On some sites the forums are visited by people that expect to get sales from hanging out on the forums. While heavy traffic in the forums is good, it is better when it is a diverse group of people.

You are right ... many of the forum visitors here are those that are regularly involved and it would be nice to get more traffic for sharing of ideas and encouragement. The group on icraft is probably a bit more "mature" (I hate using the word older) and are considerable more independant.

icraft is still relatively new compared to other venues, so it will come.

Good to see you in the forums here.  We're going to get things rolling again with another bootcamp and that will get  us get more traffic on the forums and in our stores!  

Cheers

Christine
Winged Heart Studio

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 08:28:53 am »

I am really looking forward to Bootcamp! Let me know if I can help please!
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 07:52:39 pm »

If we all commit to promote the bootcamp for ALL SELLERS everywhere - who sell on any venue - that they don't need to set up shop but just come and participate - that would be great.

All they need to do is register to participate with no other expectations.

I am going to blog and tweet about it that way.

That could bring new life to the forums.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 01:10:43 pm »

Well we are loading the barrels for Nov. 1 Bootcamp.

I really appreciate the offer of help! It is really so much help and does work too!  I am so organized during bootcamp and so pumped I generate orders...especially locally.

Bootcamp has been so terrific for my networking and my online learning it is just amazing.

I too am looking forward to it and getting really revved up!!!

Cheers

Christine
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 09:29:54 pm »

hi there!

Do you twitter?I am going to get things revved up for Bootcamp #3 November 1.

Have some specific messages that we want to get twittered out there.

http://www.twitter.com/pillowthrowdeco

Here is mine!

Cheers

Christine

Quote from: "Winged Heart Studio"
I am really looking forward to Bootcamp! Let me know if I can help please!
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  Forums - totally dead
Jump to:  
Click