Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Marketing & Advertising  >  Great Article: Donating to Charity as a Promotional Strategy
Pages: [1]
Author

Great Article: Donating to Charity as a Promotional Strategy

GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« on: July 28, 2009, 02:05:37 pm »

I am a member of the handmade artist forum (http://handmadeartistsforum.com/forum/) and found this great article on shop promotion through donating to charity fundraisers.

http://handmadeartistsforum.com/alternative-shop-promotion/
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 08:14:49 pm »

I have to say, I am disappointed with charity events.
1) They usually want donations that will garner decent coin - it has to be worth their time to promote and organize.  All my items are small dollar.  So, I just don't fit this venue and I really wish I could.

2) I have donated to two very small charity auctions.  One charity didn't even put my item on their internet auction.  I don't know what they did with it.  It might have gone to the silent auction.  The other charity was a silent auction.  It was a very small charity and no auction items got bids.  None.

HOWEVER, while my items might not have been winners at LEAST:
1) They still were LOOKED at.  So, being seen does count for something.  It's still cheap advertising!
2) Hey, I'm helping charity so I can sleep better at night.

I have sent promo's for loot bags at events though.  I think that's my best bet to get seen, but I am unable to measure whether anyone who bought from me has found me that way.

I'm taking shots in the dark... but it's better than doing nothing.  I know, marketing is my weakest point.  I appreciate all the advice in this forum!
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 07:20:25 pm »

Ensorcelled Minds - I love that you shared your real life experience. Very good pointers with the charity route. Thanks!
~Linda
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Marketing & Advertising  >  Great Article: Donating to Charity as a Promotional Strategy
Jump to:  
Click