Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 27 Monday July 27 What's Happening?
Pages: [1]
Author

Day 27 Monday July 27 What's Happening?

PillowThrowDecor

« on: July 27, 2009, 03:41:35 am »

Tell us the good bits!!!
designsbydebra

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 11:53:52 pm »

First off I have spent a good deal of time on TweetDeck. It's so addictive!
Going back to Thursday I got everything done except the elevator speech. I'm still working on that.
I did tweet about Brilliant Beads,Loopy4ewe,Trish and Pillow throw Decor. I have been cloning and updating randomly items in my shop every day and of course tweeting about different items in my shop as well.
I copied out the Google key words and haven't gone through them yet. I will though.
Friday I cloned several items and updated some as well.
I send out and RT several times a day on Tweetdeck and have many followers in my inbox every morning. I don't follow everyone back but have only block two followers who were weird and creeping me out. I look at all my followers as potential customers.
I ordered some red and white striped lampwork beads to start on christmas earrings. So yes I realize that I have to start thinking about the fall and christmas season.
Monday #1) I have an elite account so I don't think I will eliminate anything and I'm always trying new designs and adding to my shops inventory.
#2)I will have to check out the Google key words and my descriptions at a later date or when I update an item I can check it out then.  
#3) I will be tweeting about some of my shop items and of course I love to tweet about my fellow bootcampers.
#4)  I have spent a lot of time on Twitter and Facebook promoting my shops. With all my sales I send out a free gift and a 10% discount card to be used on a future purchase.
I have been copying the daily assignments out so I can catch up at a later date.
I really appreciate all your ideas for promotion. They helped me with my goal of a least 2 sales. Well I had 7 sales in my iCraft Shop since July 1st and now. And 6 sales in my other shop as a result of a free card in with  a sale on iCraft. Both buyers were new to iCraft as well. So the word on iCraft  is getting out there!
Got to go and tweet now!
Deb Cheesy
icraftgifts.com/designsbydebra
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 01:21:17 am »

You are amazing!  I often see you tweeting and retweeting on twitter in the evenings. And you are so diligent with you homework.  Good for you. You have certainly earned those sales.

Cheers

Christine
Zs Knees

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 02:30:20 am »

Yes, Deb, you are a Twittering inspiration! Cheesy We may catch up with you eventually!

Marketing in the last 2 months...:

Well I must have opened a dozen new accounts for networking and free ads-- oodle, plaincraft, youcraft, klipper, byhand, kaboodle, indiecraft, and others. I don't think I've seen any of them come up in GA as sources of traffic, but you never know. At the very least, they can somtimes provide inspiration and support.

Social networks: twitter, facebook (need to get back to that one, I think I joined the iCraft group but couldn't figure out how to post pics...) I do see twitter in GA, so I know it's bringing in people.

Posting in forums and blogs. Good way to network, but I don't know if it brings traffic or not.

Business cards: finally got some made, which felt like a big step. I work with very low-income families, so it would be really inappropriate to be handing out cards there... Gosh I guess I need to get out more... :lol:  I did slip some cards into library books I was returning. Bookmarks are very useful! :wink:

Christine, thank you for introducing me to to so many different tools and sources of info. I know I need a lot of nudging and a lot of tutoring, and you've been a TREMENDOUS help. You've really put your heart into the bootcamps, you've been a great coach, and I really appreciate what you've done! Cheesy
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 03:33:53 am »

Thank you for your kind words... I love feedback good or bad but I especially love when its GOOD!   Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

For me all the marketing activities where we all dug in and promoted each other were absolute favourites... especially Kaboodle and Twitter.  I am amazed I am still getting quite a number of views  from Kaboodle and way way more from Twitter so we know that is bringing traffic. I love the synergy of having friends and buddies out there working right beside me.  It is so enervating!

I think I like blogging but it is such a mental committment.  I get rebellious when I have to follow a routine.  Even though GalleriaLinda likened it to having a pet that needed regular feeding that hasn't motivated me to get in there every few days and lay an egg.

I'm a statistics nut so I love going into Google A and see what has worked to bring views.  Interestingly I have a good ratio of "organic" views through Google and Yahoo.  I always look at the keywords people are using to search my site.  Interestingly I have had many many good views but the bounce rate is so high which tells I have a lot of  "look and leave" people I think I need better keywords that describe my products more specifically.

I love signing up on Directories of any sort. ... and check the next day to see who peaked in my shot. I do a number of free advertising deals and there are many out there. I don't want to sign up in any more selling venues as the two that I have right now are more than I can handle sometimes.

I enjoy reading blogs and leaving comments which in theory help with links... not sure what return that offers but it is fun.

I love handing out cards and have done some goofy things in the name of getting cards out there. This is where I exersize my "elevator" skills... that 15 second very succinct commercial about my e and my products.

I have done some "paid" giveaways where my pillows were featured and the followers had to go to my site and  take note of one that they liked and then reported it back to that "giveaway site.  Wow that does some really exciting things to your views.

Latley i have really enjoyed twitter and the myriad of application that I have used.  There are some really cool ones that let you "post-date your tweets  and others that you can statistically  measure your efforts VS results.

Oh ya I like posting on Craigslist and that has brought emails inquiries.

I always get a gazillion ideas on the go and tend to research stuff wayyyyyyy to much.  I am a high information nerdy type I guess.

I guess I like doing everything when i can do it with friends  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 27 Monday July 27 What's Happening?
Jump to:  
Click