Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Creator Critique! - add yourself
Pages: [1]
Author

Creator Critique! - add yourself

Fairy Cardmaker

« on: July 22, 2009, 09:20:42 pm »

Ok, I'm going to start this train!  Please hop on!

CRITIQUE THE CREATOR ABOVE YOU ON THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:

* Banner
* Announcement
* Pictures
* Inventory
* Item Descriptions
* Overall Shop

--- Cut and paste the above into your post. ---
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 09:36:40 pm »

NATURALICHE -- you asked for a critque in an earlier thread and it went unanswered.  I'll kick this train off starting with you!

https://icraftgifts.com/naturliche

* Banner
You have none!  I'd like to see one, but I do see that your avatar is blessedly simple and clean.  The uncluttered nature of your shop appearance looks clean which matches your product.  So, even though you don't have a banner, it might actually work for you.

Love it.  See above - simple, clean, clear, easy to resize for product/business cards and still be clearly visible.  I'm jealous.

* Announcement
Your announcement is an appropriate length and tone.  Only thing I would do is remove this line: "I have been creating crafts as far as I can remember. I’ve tried just about everything from making jewelry to cards, scrapbooking, and of course soaps & other body treats."
-- We don't want to know about the things you aren't selling.  Make yourself sound like an expert in your announcement.  Save your other creative explorations for your profile.

* Pictures
These are pretty well-framed.  Some are a little darker than others.  What about a lamp for a consistent light source?  I think your best pictures are the ones where you seem to be on level with the product and the worst are where you are looking down on them.  Try to be at the products level to elevate it's importance.  Looking down on it has some strange psychological effect.

Good on you for using multiple photos.  We have the slots, use them!  I like that I can see how it will look in it's packaging.  (Example, the bath bombs are shown with their wrapping in one shot.)  Why not continue that?  The bath salts in the bag - have one shot of it loose on the counter/table/a white plate --- oooo in the scoop!

* Inventory
Maybe one more row of products.  Good variety amongst them though.  Only thing I'd suggest is a couple of sample packs maybe.  Some people might want to try before they buy and some people might like to buy sample sizes for stocking stuff type ideas.

* Item Descriptions
Short and sweet.  Only thing I'd say is SELL YOUR STUFF!  Tell me why would I use that?  What is different about the salt vs. the bath bomb?  (If I'm buying to someone else, this might help me decide what to get them.)  Maybe something along the lines of... "If you like ___, then salt is the way to go!"  You started to get into this a little with the dead sea salt.  Sounded enlightening.  Made me like it more.

* Overall Shop
I like it!  Looks and sounds professional!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 03:06:57 am »

Great critique... very comprehensive.  Good job both of you.

I LOVE the name of your store!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 01:09:32 pm »

Where are all the creators?  If you want to be critiqued, please critique another!  Try Pillow Throw Decor or myself!  We need to get the message boards rolling!  Who doesn't love third party objective feedback?
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Creator Critique! - add yourself
Jump to:  
Click