Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Marketing & Advertising  >  Business Blogs - What Should I Write?
Pages: [1]
Author

Business Blogs - What Should I Write?

GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« on: July 09, 2009, 07:46:10 am »

If you are new to writing, being confused about blog topics is quite normal. Be encouraged, though, that the more you write, the easier it becomes, and the more you will enjoy it.

Keep your target audience engaged with the content they want to read by keeping your topics focused. This goes back to your decision about your target audience and why you want to blog in the first place. What do you have to say?

There is nothing wrong with wanting to write about everything! In fact, I encourage you to eventually have several blogs that you can strategically use to cross-promote, thereby sustaining traffic on each.

Often, I think of topics and content at the oddest times, so I keep crazy notes about topics with a few little bullet points. These notes get me started on a short post when I have time to sit down and write. Remember that a post should be short. It is not always an article (although it can be or split posts can be one article)

Think about writing several blogs eventually:
    •a shop/product/business blog
    •a crafty technical blog
    •a personal blog
Target specific content to each.

Start out with one blog that you do well and if you decide upon a business blog, you might be inspired by the topics list below.

Potential Craft Business Blog Topics

•About you, your background, how you got into your business
    •Your expertise as an artist, designer, creative
    •Where you learned your expertise
    •How you happened to become passionate about your craft
    •What media or processes you have worked with, antics, experiences - could be fun!
    •Your works in progress - include background and interesting facts that are not found elsewhere - this could be at least 50% of your posts if it is a promoting blog
    •Tutorials are very popular for keeping readers and bringing traffic
    •What you do locally relative to your business, such as shows, exhibits, community events, charity, etc...
    •Interesting facts, such as a favorite cause you support through your business
    •Where you are found or featured online and announcements of new placements or memberships
    •Special things about your business that makes it unique
    •Posts of customer stories - this makes great human interest stories
    •Press releases you send out, any awards, competition win
    •Special occasions that relate to your business, like sales, anniversaries
    •Post photos of each new piece that you list with a description and link to where it can be purchased
    •Why you created a piece - remember to use those links
    •Blog about where you got your components or elements - sometimes this can be a good story if they are hunted down and discovered or unusual (without revealing any trade secret suppliers)
    •Post photos of your selling venue shops and other places you sell, such as shows, exhibits, your home trunk show
    •Show how you design your packaging for that branded, custom look - customers love this
    •Mention press or awards you receive - link to any external sites that you are on
    •Post interviews you have done - link to the original (blogs, local newspapers, etc...) and link to your web site if you have them there
These are just a few ideas to get you started. Happy blogging!
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 08:04:29 am »

If any of you have other topics - we want to add to this list for inspiration!  Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Marketing & Advertising  >  Business Blogs - What Should I Write?
Jump to:  
Click