Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Marketing & Advertising  >  Business Blogs Can Be Your Best Friend
Pages: [1]
Author

Business Blogs Can Be Your Best Friend

GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« on: July 02, 2009, 04:00:59 pm »

Business blogs can be your best friend! Should you “blog for business?” Some advantages to having a good, targeted business blog include:

•Name recognition for you and your business
•Can set you apart as an expert in your field
•Great SEO & search support if you plan your blog with this in mind
•Features your work to your audience and works for you 24/7
•A place for potential customers to be sent by you to learn about you and your products/services
•An extension and enhancement to your web site and online plan
•An important part of your marketing plan if used correctly
•Once seasoned, a potential for utilizing advertising opportunities

Be sure you understand that a blog is like a pet, It needs love and affection! A blog should be updated consistently at least once a week in order to bring in readers and develop SEO. Nothing is more of a turnoff than landing on an interesting blog, only to find that the last update was 8 months ago!

So, plan time for writing posts and once you get into it and receive readership follows and comments, you will find it enjoyable!

Look for other posts in the next few days about topics you can write about and where to find readers. Those will send you on your way!

This is from my IndieCEO Business Blog's “Blogging is an Art” series - for more, please visit:
http://indieceo.blogspot.com/search/label/blogging%20is%20an%20art%20series
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 08:14:41 pm »

Wow what an article... this is definitely Bootcamp required reading!!!

I love the part where I need to think about my blog as a pet.

Oh my gawwwwwwd... the cat ran away and the dog died.

Oh oh!

Christine
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 08:17:53 pm »

Is that why your blog is gasping for breath? lol!!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 08:26:26 pm »

LOLOL... yes...

But I did an impressive blog posting yesterday and it even showed up in my google alerts last night so that is absolute proof the more you blog the more Google hangs around your site AND THAT'S WHAT WE WANT.

I di make a personal committment to blog everyday during this bootcamp so I expect that everyone goes to my blog at http://pillowthrowdecor.blogspot.com   and checks up on me.  

While you're at my blog please leave a comment because that also shows up in google searchs for you and me!!!

I guess I better go blog now as I have visions of my poor puppy Holly.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 01:13:56 am »

Well, I fed the dog tonight Smiley
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 10:16:18 pm »

Thanks for the great article series!
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Marketing & Advertising  >  Business Blogs Can Be Your Best Friend
Jump to:  
Click