Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Writing for the Web  >  Where to start?
Pages: [1]
Author

Where to start?

Zendotstudio

« on: June 11, 2009, 08:29:21 pm »

Before I talk details I want to generalize (usually generalizations get us in trouble.  Make one and an exception pops it's ugly little head up.)  But I'm gonna go ahead with it anyway.  As my daughter would say "this could come round to bite me in the a (oh never mind what she says!)

I think it's important to say that all the rules of good writing that apply elsewhere, apply out here on the web.  Good writing is good writing wherever you go.  It's that simple.

So stop and think about the writing you like and you're probably off to a good start.  If you don't like big wacks of text yourself, chances are your readers feel the same.  Misspelling bother you?  Probably bugs your readers too.

Like something a little perky and upbeat?  Something with a little personality?  Yeah, me too.

So have a good look at some writing you like.  Figure out what makes it sing and borrow a note or two from their song sheet.

I'm not gonna give you indigestion by serving up all the ingredients of good writing at once.  We'll have one of those tasting menus where we sample things at our leisure (maybe a little wine, no whine).

So the simple writing tidbit for today is that good writing is good writing anywhere you go.  It draws the reader in, gives her the information she needs and entertains a little.  So go out there and light up the keyboard!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 03:47:11 am »

I like your light and breezy style!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 06:37:13 pm »

So have a good look at some writing you like. Figure out what makes it sing and borrow a note or two from their song sheet.

Very nice!
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Writing for the Web  >  Where to start?
Jump to:  
Click