Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 24 Thursday June 11 2009 Checkout
Pages: [1]
Author

Day 24 Thursday June 11 2009 Checkout

PillowThrowDecor

« on: June 11, 2009, 04:29:35 am »

Are you done?

I should see a lot of "elevator" skripts!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 05:48:08 pm »

Okay, already did the elevator ride!

Today I commented on four blogs and listed one thing.
(I'm Scrapninny on your blogs, guys!)
Naturliche

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 06:39:49 pm »

I updated my profile to reflect the Indie smiles cupon.
i wonder how much exposure we'll get from that.

i hope soon we can have a cupon field in the checkout process - the whole refund/reinvoice thingy is a bit too much right now.  At least we can put things on sale though ~ that's a bonus =)

Okay, elevator speech.  Here's mine, please feel free to give you critisisms.. I'm not a salesperson by nature =P

Lady says: Those look great!
I say:  Thank you!  They're handmade soaps I'm delivering to a customer.  I make these myself with all natural ingredients.  Here, I'll give you a sample & you can have a look at my website if you like.

Option #2:
Thank you!  Everything here is handmade with natural ingredients - its much better for your skin than commercial products.  I make these myself & have a website.  here's my card and a little sample.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 03:33:42 am »

Super script!  Good for you.

I love the idea of having samples!  What a good idea that is.

Where you say"... & you can have a look at my website if you like."

you could say "please stop by at my icraft store and have a look.

Be direct with your request for them to have a look.

Good jop!
Zs Knees

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 03:55:50 am »

Decided to do something about my bear-- she's really cute in person but hard to see in the listing... so I thought I'd whip up a scarf (2 hours later.... falling asleep knitting....) and try some new pictures.

I bought a white board (saw this suggestion in the photo section somewhere) and another lamp. Fingers crossed!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 06:43:40 pm »

Naturaliche, could you work in there that you use them yourself.  One line about how it makes your skin feel?
Naturliche

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 08:39:52 pm »

those are great ideas, thank you!

I try and keep some lip balms in my bag to give away as samples - but I don't always have them =P

Great idea about being more direct Pillow - that's usually my issue... being more direct.. i'm usually the "oh, you can try it if you like..." lol
Zs Knees

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 11:44:31 pm »

Just to jump in on the discussion about being direct--

I'm definitely not a salesperson, so I don't want to argue with people who are successful at it, but personally.... I prefer the "try it if you like" approach better when it's used on me. I'm Much more likely to listen if I feel someone is speaking to me, not just in their sales pitch mode.

But I suppose the statistics show the direct approach works better?
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 03:21:33 am »

You're right Z's.  You should do it anyway you feel comfortable. Just so long as you are chatting it up is good.

It helps to make positive affirmations. Example... don't say "if I can make my goal", say "when I make my goal"  Smiley

But I know you are all a VERY POSITIVE GROUP here!

Cheers
Christine
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 24 Thursday June 11 2009 Checkout
Jump to:  
Click