Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 24 Thursday June 11 2009 Assignment
Pages: [1]
Author

Day 24 Thursday June 11 2009 Assignment

PillowThrowDecor

« on: June 11, 2009, 04:26:21 am »

Day 24 Thursday  June 11 2009

1)Here is a copy of the email from indiesmiles.  We are on deck for the coupon promotion.  Please read through the Smile user Guide and make sure your store is good to go for the discount coupon sale period
”Hi thanks for joining our Smile Coupon Program, this link is the Smile User Guide where you can find your graphic(s) for the program as well as instructions on how to accept the coupon:

http://www.indiesmiles.com/smiles-user-guide

Wishing you many smiles in your inbox!
--
Sue & El
Interactive Marketing Consultants at http://indiesmiles.com

2)I still need to see a lot more “elevator “ copy.  This is the 20 second promo that you would do for your shop when people ask you about your “stuff”

3)Then there are a list of activities …  pick any 2 activities

1)Check out setting up a FACEBOOK pagePut an icraft product widget in your blog.
3) Write a quick blog about the Indie smiles promotion coupon. Provide a live link to Indiesmiles.com
4) Kaboodle or Go learn stumble upon
5)  Are you ready for Google Analyitics?
6) Go comment of 5 of our bootcamper blogs
7) Hand out 3 cards today
Cool list one item
9 )Re-edit 5 listings
10) Take new photos on your lowest viewed item.
Have a good day everyone.
Christine Pillowthrowdecor
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 08:50:12 am »

I think ALL who tweet about the indie smiles and shop discounts need to RT each other's tweets about 1) the indie smiles iCraft discounts and 2) tweets for our shops' individual discounts.

I just tweeted about indie smiles - you can copy the post for RT here:
http://twitter.com/GalleriaLinda (you may have to scroll down to see it as I will tweet more today).

So, if you tweeted about the indie smiles discounts and/or your discounts, post your link so we know to retweet YOUR post.

Also, my tweet was picked up by CHEAP TWEET and we need to go VOTE to float it to the top of the list. (we can also tweet to our audiences to vote on CHEAP TWEET.)

"CheapTweet: Your tweet's on CheapTweet! http://cheaptweet.com/t/yzz1k5 - Vote & tell your friends."

I am gonna make tweeters out of y'all yet!!
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 10:15:35 am »

Below is an example of what I was talking about back in the iCraft marketing forum - to answer "calls" to be featured.

Here is one from twitter that I got in my message box:

HandcraftedBaby Hello:) If you're an artist I wanna feature U http://blog.hand-craftedcreations.com/

So, go follow http://www.twitter.com/HandcraftedBaby and tell her you want to be featured!

Easy peasy!!

Then, when featured, tweet, post to networking sites you have, and blog about your feature at the very least.

Cheesy
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 01:12:14 pm »

There was an interesting article there about selling crafts online.  They featured 6 Etsy sellers. One in particular spends over $300 a month to relist all her stuff everyday I guess. Wow! I am so glad that icraftgifts.com 's fee structure is so much lass and far more flexible for us to sell "privately" without running the risk of "fee advoidance".

I left a comment there about icraft and Bootcamp.  Check it out and maybe leave a comment too.  Links are good!

Also I am going to see if we can get an icraft PR article there too.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/MakeMoney/comments?type=story&id=7650005
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 01:16:14 pm »

very interesting.

Etsy is convoluted and not really seller friendly. (my opinion and 2-yr experience).

Wow- if I had $300 I would not spend it to relist. That is crazy!
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 02:08:01 pm »

PillowThrowChristine....your post was eloquent and politically correct! It was great!

I tried to post this long comment and did not know I had to be a member so it deleted it all. OY, will have to start over later and join first.
Trish

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 04:02:52 pm »

Some progress - I am now listed in the coupon list on indiesmiles. That's good.

I did get an email with the users guide. It says I was provided with a partial banner and avatar  - I got neither.

The users guide says to not discount prices - yet the iCraft stores I checked did exactly that.'

I do have a coupon code for the sales - I understand that the customer puts it in the comments area on paypal - and I then go through paypal and refund my discount...right?

So....I'm going to wing it.

This is frustrating...

Trish    :?
Naturliche

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 04:17:54 pm »

I don't have a clue as to what or how to tweet/twitter...
what the heck is it? LOL

I will click over there and check it out..
i just had to get two new tires ($300) and was told my front end needs another $800 of work done - its unsafe to drive right now (ie the tires could fly off while I'm driving - grrreat).

So, i am off to take a 15 minute ZEN nap & dream up my 20 second speech because I'm certainly going to need it to try and drum up some sales to pay for my car bills!!!!!!!!

I will be making a special order tonight, and try and whip up some lotion bars & nail/cuticle salves to post soon.  I recently updated some listings so I've got that done.  I also blogged the indie promo again yesterday with the logo as a "start of the sale" type thing.
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 04:32:45 pm »

Trish, you are a dear to be the one to actually read the instructions well.

I have not been focused and fear I am one that put in the sale feature on my individual items. I just took off the sale feature.

Read the instructions just now with focus and see that it has to be the whole shop. I was going to add new items but don't want those discounted so will have to wait until it is over in 14 days.

I know they are used to having to work within the Etsy system, but the "code - pay - refund" process is laborious. Aren't we glad we have the sale feature in our back office for our own sales?

I have never refunded and am scared!! LOL!!!

I also did not get any banner either. I can grab the avatar from their instruction page and maybe put that in my banner.

Naturliche - SO SORRY about your car woes!! But you must be safe!! Wishing you special surprise sales and money flowing in.  Cheesy
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 04:51:26 pm »

OK, the avatar on the IndieSmiles page is smaller than iCraft requires. So, I did this.

OK?

I don't like it and am changing it back.
Trish

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 05:01:54 pm »

Linda, brilliant! I had not thought to do that with my banner....will get on that now.

Naturliche - I am SO sorry to hear about your car troubles...I fee for ya - been there and done that! As for twitter - it is fun...and quite addictive, so approach it with caution. I am sure those of us who do twitter, will do our part to publicize the indiesmiles campaign.

I agree with you, Linda on the pay-refund thing. So I put in my blurb to email me what they want and I'll send a revised Paypal invoice - seems much less complicated....

Anyway...onward and upward - and I did get to discover Naturliche's store and blog - very very tempting stuff!!!

Trish
Naturliche

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 06:22:46 pm »

thank you Trish & Linda!

I have yet to visit every bootcampers shop, and am working through them slowly.  I may even take advantage of our own indie promo!! :wink:

And Linda - here's hoping you never have to refund!!

I didn't do the banner thing.  I just used the bootcamp avie thingy from icraft and I posted it on my blog.  I wont for the life of me figure out how to put the half banner thingy on.  I don't even have a banner.. gotta work on that...  :oops:
Zs Knees

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 12:17:00 am »

Argh, I also just put the discount straight onto my items... I've used PayPal a total of...twice, and don't know my way around enough to do adjustments and fancy things.  

And I DON'T want new listings to be discounted! Well, I guess this is what happens when I don't read all the details.

Ok, off to fix all that...
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 24 Thursday June 11 2009 Assignment
Jump to:  
Click