Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 22 Tuesday June 9 2009 Check out
Pages: 1 2 [All]
Author

Day 22 Tuesday June 9 2009 Check out

PillowThrowDecor

« on: June 09, 2009, 04:46:08 am »

How much did you get done?
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 07:50:49 pm »

Good evening everyone!

Well, I'm still behind in my Kaboodling, but...

I posted the IndieSmiles promotion in my shop, and I blogged about the cross-promotion here:
http://gillianbeads.blogspot.com/

I spent a lot of yesterday making a FaceBook Business Page...I'd love some "fan" support if you'd be so kind!
Here's the link:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brilliant-Beads/86739620266

I still need to do the "elevator" conversation...gosh, I'm so shy I'm breaking out in a sweat just thinking about what I'd say, let alone actually doing it.
Northern Girl Jewelry

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 09:34:21 pm »

I got several things done today.

- did a blog post about indiesmiles coupon
- posted about it on facebook too
- did some Kaboodling
- listed a new item

Still need to do elevator speil...  I struggle with this one.  Happens at work often.  Christine, how did you know I work on the 6th floor?  :wink:

Gillian, I noticed today that a friend of mine had become a fan of your facebook page and I became a fan too.  I need to work on my fan page and feel less shy about inviting my friends to be fans.  

Julie
mountaindreamers

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 10:03:01 pm »

Well , I never imagined I could do so much , thanks Christine!

I stopped by and left a comment on the pillows link  Cheesy

I did a indiesmiles coupon blog  http://mountaindreamers.blogspot.com

I checked out the coupon page, El has me listed as Smoky Mountains versus Mountaindreamers , oh well LOL , great to be listed in some way .

still need to kaboodle , I may have a nervous breakdown if I have to create another account of some sort , so will wait till this weekend. thanks Laura   https://icraftgifts.com/mountaindreamers
mountaindreamers

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 10:09:43 pm »

Julie I checked out your blog, great job, and your shop, great pieces, I really admire your work, and of course now that I have been on wordpress, there is the pressure to blog there too, oh no ! can there be too much blogging ? Laura
Naturliche

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 10:29:58 pm »

winding down for the night.  
I am still trying to figure out the kaboodle thing - short on time, but I am making the most of everything else.

Haven't done the elevator speech yet - *shiver*  hubby does a much better selling job than I do (except he charges to little....lol) but I have to get better at it! LOL

I listed two new lip balms and updated two listings (by accident actually, lol).
Did my blog earlier today www.naturlichebodybliss.blogspot.com.

I also got onto the buysell thread and posted there since I bought an item from debra =)
designsbydebra

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 01:54:51 am »

Well I have been busy today:
I Kaboodled 5 shop items.
Did the facebook announcement about the indiesmiles sale
blogged about the indiesmiles sale in mycraftivity.com blog
left a comment on PillowThrowDecor's mention on My shopping connection also retweeted her.
Became a fan of BrilliantBeads on facebook.
Tweeted about the indiesmiles sale on Twitter.

but I'm having alittle trouble getting to the elevator exercise though I hope to get to that exercise tomorrow.
Deb :oops:
icraftgifts.com/designsbydebra
Zs Knees

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 04:29:13 am »

Got all into a new project and lost track of time-- don't you love it when that happens?!

Well, today I did some kaboodling, adjusted my shop for indiesmiles (it does go till the 30th, right?), commented on myshoppingconnection (which I hadn't seen before), and joined up on a few blogs and Brilliant's FB page.

Boy June is just flying by, and so much work to do! ...I like it!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 04:43:44 am »

I got a blog done and commented on several bootcamper posts and signed up as followers on those blogs.

Edited listings.  Listed a new one and cloned and cleaned others.  

Took some new pictures of new product and they were terrible so will have to try again.  Trying to do the white balance thing and arggggg.

Wow great to hear everyone has been busy!

I have been making new product so have a heap of new stuff to bring on.  did some sales too.

Handed out 2 cards today too.

I even twittered today and followed a few twitterers.  Still trying to figure out if icraft tweets each new listing as I could not see me new pillows come on???

Anyone know?

Have a real workday teaching tomorrow... my very last class of 20 years of teaching new licensees.

That's it for now.
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 10:11:09 am »

Been so busy with day job.

But, I am expanding my twitter base and now got over that 2000 following/followers magical number.

I will jump back in probably later in the week.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 11:32:26 am »

2000 followers... Oh my word. Almost unimaginable. How do you keep track of everybody???
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 11:51:24 am »

Twitter is not like best friends face to face. You talk with whomever is online at the time. Likely, if you tweet at certain times all the time, you will become friends with some that do the same.

The reason for followers for business is to have huge exposure for your tweets, listings, blog posts updates.

If I have 2000 followers, then my tweet goes to 2000 accounts. Let's be conservative and say that 80% are not online to see that - that still represents 20% - 160 people that can see my tweet.

If I have 8000 followers, using the same percent online, then that represents 640 people that would see my tweets.

It is all in the numbers BUT - WARNING - you must accept followers for your target market! Otherwise it is a waste!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 12:22:22 pm »

So what you're saying is that hanging out with Californian 23 year old body twinkies that surf and pub won't do much for my pillow business Huh?
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 12:24:32 pm »

LOL!! No...but it may enhance your enjoyment!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 05:20:51 pm »

Catching up from being on vacation.  I posted about IndieSmiles on my blog:
http://www.ensorcelledminds.blogspot.com/
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 09:26:33 pm »

Nice post! I commented - I think it is still waiting for approval.
designsbydebra

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 10:47:42 pm »

Hey Christine
Thanks for setting up the sale with www.indiesmiles.com  I have been twittering it up today.
I have also updated some of my earrings listings that I haven't been updated or cloned in awhile.
I also changed the photos in some of my listings.
Deb Smiley
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 11:49:09 pm »

Great post E M! Hey everyone check it out http://www.ensorcelledminds.blogspot.com/  leave a comment

Short and punchy!  What a great script!!! We should all write it down and look for the nearest elevator!!!  LOLOLOL
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 11:58:48 pm »

Hey Debra!

Gorgeous necklace...Turquoise Howlet Gemstone And Charms Pendant with Chain  ... How long is the pendant part? What's Howlet?

I like it, I like it!
designsbydebra

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 01:14:39 am »

Hi Christine
Howlet(sometimes call Howlite) is a semi-precious gemstone that is dyed many different colors. This stone pendant is dyed green turquoise and is crackled. The pendant portion of the necklace is 2 1/4 inches long and comes with a 24 inch silver chain.
Thanks for asking!
Deb Cheesy
designsbydebra

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 01:17:36 am »

Hey Christine
Does the previous description of my Pendant Necklace qualify for the elevator talk?LOL
Deb :lol:
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 01:43:12 am »

No.... not quite elevator talk.... LOL But it is good practice Smiley

Interesting information though... maybe include it in your description!
designsbydebra

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 02:07:21 am »

I took your advise and added it to the product description.
Thanks Christine!
You've got me thinking about my other listings now. I'm going to start checking them over more closely. But tomorrow I've had enough tonight.
Deb :idea:
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 02:24:55 am »

Oh I am so pleased Debra!

Assume that your buyer knows nothing like me.  I love hearing if a stone has any special qualities or stories and size is important to me so that I know if it is going to match up with anything that I have already.

Good for you!
Pages: 1 2 [All]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 22 Tuesday June 9 2009 Check out
Jump to:  
Click