Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Business Resources  >  Online-selling insurance
Pages: [1]

Online-selling insurance


Posts: 46

« on: June 08, 2009, 08:37:57 pm »

I'm having difficulty locating insurance for selling online.  Do any of you Canadian-based sellers out there carry such insurance?  Can anyone offer any suggestions?  I'm selling worldwide, which makes it more difficult to find, I think.
Any and all help gratefully received!


Posts: 1096

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 02:05:49 am »

When you say "insurance for selling online" what part of that is different than your typical home based business insurance?

My insurance covers my extra exquipment and my home based business so long as I do not have clients in my house.  that changes things quite dramatically once you invite customers in your home.

Also if you provide a service at your clients's house you should have some liability insurance in the event you do damage to their property.

I'm just not sure how the online distinction affects your insurance?


Posts: 442

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 09:11:48 am »

E&O insurance? (errors & ommissions)
Liability insurance? (to protect if someone swollows a necklace?)
Studio insurance? (like, to protect in case of fire, etc...)

Posts: 46

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 12:25:01 pm »

Sorry, I did not make myself very clear!
It is liability insurance I am trying to find.  I have been told that there is no coverage available if I am selling in the US.
My niece, who makes cloth diapers was told by her insurance company that if she sold to the US, the company would not insure her at all for anything - house, car, etc.
So, I am just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Fairy Cardmaker

Posts: 1108

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 04:11:47 pm »

I'd like to know too.

I have no business insurance.  All my tools are personal.  Only my raw materials are business and I'm sure I could replace them in case of damage, so I haven't bothered with insurance.

When I host classes, it's only family and friends.  When I host outside the home, its for charity and because it's a sanctioned event, their liabilty insurance covers it.

But I'm still interested in investigating.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Business Resources  >  Online-selling insurance
Jump to: