Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 21 What Happened?
Pages: [1]
Author

Day 21 What Happened?

PillowThrowDecor

« on: June 08, 2009, 04:10:35 am »

Tell me how many cards you got out today
Zs Knees

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 02:20:09 am »

I finally gave up on making cards myself, and ordered from Vista today. So... none handed out yet, but soon!

Am I going to be the only one playing the elevator game? :lol:

I kind of think we'd all do about the same thing... although I could be wrong. Some people are pretty smooth salespeople, and I'm more of the... well, I'm not.

Me (with grateful smile): Oh thank you so much. It's handmade, I'm glad you like it.

Lady: Oh wherever did you find such a thing? Good quality handmade gifts are So Hard To Come By!

Me (with smile that means, "yes we both have very good taste!"): Well, you have got to check this site out, called iCraft!!!

Lady (beaming, card in hand, money spilling right out of her pockets): Wow, thanks for the tip!

LOL :wink:
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 02:34:26 am »

Today's assignment was to pretend I  just stepped into the elevator and am about to travel to the 6th floor.  In my arms I  have one of my super duper pillows which I am delivering to a customer.  The lady beside me comments on how interesting my pillow is.  I respond with...

Example 1     "I’m promoting my new store pillowthrowdecor on icraftgifts.com a new  (Canadian )handmade site (with international sellers).  I make luxury designer pillows and throws like this one. May I give you my card? Yes?  I would be thrilled if you stopped by for a look online.  Could you do that please?  Oh super! Thanks so much!"

Example 2     "I sell my handmade custom designed pillows and throws in my new store pillowthrowdecor. I’m promoting my new site at icraftgifts.com. Here’s my card.  I would be so pleased if you would stop by for a look. Thanks so much."

In example 1  I have a few words in brackets to demonstrate that they can be inserted (as I am a Canadian) or deleted.

Example 3 (I am talking to a man)  "I sell my handmade custom designed pillows and throws in my new store pillowthrowdecor. Here’s my card.  I would love to help you do  birthday, anniversary or Christmas shopping. I's as simple as sending me a few pictures and I'll make your selections for you. Easily exchangeable if they're not just perfect! May I call you in November? Super! What's your office number please?

That's it... keep it simple...

One day I was packing one of my silly Geek Pillows and handed out 23 cards!

#page has been deleted#
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 02:37:44 am »

We must have been posting at the same time!

I love the part in your story where she has money spilling out of her pockets

You're so funny!
Zs Knees

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 03:34:40 am »

Yes, you are one of those smooth salespeople, I can tell! That's great. If I tried to say all that I'd stumble all over myself, or just start laughing!

I'll work on it :wink:
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 03:36:48 am »

Practice Carry one of yours around with you the next time you do your errands.  It's so easy people are naturally curious!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 04:52:29 pm »

Back from vacation!  Great hypothetical question to get us thinking.  Here's my piece:

"Thank-you!  It's handmade from my shop.  I just think it's so much more meaningful to get a hand-picked, unqiue card - especially with your own hand-written message inside.  It just makes it more genuine and special, you know?"

Person: "Interesting."

"Please, take my card.  Feel free to check out your options next time you want to send a card.  There are hundreds of hand-made cards out there with different styles like collage, letterpress, stamping.  Mine are scrapbook style, but you can take your pick!  You'll find all sorts of handmade sellers on that site!"

I wouldn't do it differently for a man.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 11:16:00 pm »

Wow I didn't know there were so many names for types of hand made cards.

I have no idea what is letterpress???
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 05:01:13 pm »

In the family of what *I* would call "printed" cards, there are letter-press, gocco, and printed.

I'm no expert, but from the look of the cards, I think it is just what is sounds like.  Think old-world newspaper presses.  You arrange your metal plates of letters and images on a press, ink it up, and then press on to paper.  It leaves a really beautiful indent so your card also has a bit of texture too.

Gocco printing is... I believe... a sort of screen printing style.  Of course, there are always professional printer printed cards too!  Some sell their photographs as printed cards.  The buyer can frame it for small art instead of buying a huge wall photo, or just send it as it is - a card!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 03:17:58 am »

Interesting!  Thanks for the explaination.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 21 What Happened?
Jump to:  
Click