Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 18 Friday June 5 What happened!
Pages: [1]
Author

Day 18 Friday June 5 What happened!

PillowThrowDecor

« on: June 05, 2009, 02:15:40 am »

Give me some happynews!
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 09:16:18 am »

The only thing I accomplished Friday was "editing" for relisting. I try to do this everyday anyway but had no time for more.

Just had a whale of a job-day Friday and actually was on work conference calls up until 8:45 p.m. That is unusual for me.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 09:34:18 am »

I don't know where yesterday went either!  I finished some drapes for a client, installed them and she loved them.  She ordered more. Smiley She gets a complimentary pillow too. For about 12 hours I felt caught up. 'm behind again when I look at what everyone got done in the last 2 days but I'm on it now.

Off to read some blogs and start housecleaning in my store!

see ya c
at coffee break  :lol:
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 09:56:42 am »

I couldn't believe it when I saw 296 followers on our  Bootcamp Twitter Widget.  Must be because we are such a fascinating group Smiley
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 10:03:16 am »

LOL!! I know I am....fascinating, that is.  :lol:
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 10:38:06 am »

Wow just reading your blog article.

http://gallerialindashowcase.blogspot.com/2009/05/participating-in-icrafts-sellers.html?showComment=1244298319230#c1858893994325783824

http://tinyurl.com/njbpth

You are an excellent writer and I love the layout of your blog and all the "STUFF" going on in your page.

I love the hovering thingy.  I need to get back there.  I have also signed up for the RRS feed thing. Hope I have done it right.

Cheers
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 10:44:28 am »

Thank you. YOU are so encouraging to all of us.

Thanks for reading my blogs - I really enjoy the blog thing and would start another if I had time.

Appreciate your comments on that hover thing - it is "snapshots.com" and I often wondered if it was annoying.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 11:02:32 am »

I think it is cool... is it from that free widget site?

I am still learning how to make text links.  Where would you suggest I look for quick easy instructions.  Oh ya ... on some of your pics you have a drop shadow.  Which graphics software do you use and how do you do that drop shadoww thing.  LOLOLOL... I could be a full time job for you Smiley
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 11:07:30 am »

LOL!! Keep makin' those drapes, baby....I can be yours full time!

Shadows - I use photoshop (expensive) but there are free ones that I need to research. Picasa is one and I think you can shadow there.
http://picasa.google.com/ You need this one anyway!

The hover snap shot thing to actually see thumbs of the web site that is linked is found here:
http://www.snap.com/
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 11:22:59 am »

Gawwwwwd.  The talent in our bootcamp group is amazing. I could easily have a job for everyone  looking after me with my blog, my updates, my tweets, everything... and I'll just stay home and make pillows for everyone Smiley

... I'm not lazy, but have enjoyed the privilege  of delegation to other people more capable that I.  This probably explains my fascination with fairies and elves because they are the only ones that listen to me now.

I spend a lot of time watching the " theater of my mind" which is usually playing another episode of "the Land of LaLa" .... I'm one of those Walter Mitty types.  So... all this is to say I really appreciate all of you making me look so good. I'm not so sure I have earned it, so if anyone needs motivation to KEEP IT COMING just let me know your pillow preferences. Pillow bribes are not illegal!

Grin grin
Mostly Sundays

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 10:37:06 pm »

I've been busy chatting us up on etsy in the business forums.  
I'm determined to make that shop work too!!

So as we are listing things beyond our five in icraft - what happens with them after bootcamp?

Trying to make new items and keep things going.

I'm off to check out everyone's blogs.  I've read the ones that were recommended and posted.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 01:07:01 am »

Good for you in chatting up at etsy.

For June there is no charge for expanding. After Bootcamp you  pay the subscription fee that you have grown into so I want to encourage everyone to keep growing and growing Smiley  

Cheers
Beajoux

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 11:34:50 am »

I received a response from one of my ads  Cheesy  and the person wants to meet to make a purchase, rather than go through my shop. I don't mind doing that because I understand people like to touch and feel jewellery and/or try it on. However, any tips on how this meeting should take place? For instance, I'm suggesting Starbucks because I don't want to invite a stranger into my home. Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
Ainsley
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 12:05:23 pm »

That is so exciting.

Maybe you can ask her to go online and tell you the ones she likes or at least give you an idea of what she prefers and then yes go to Starbucks...excellent idea to hang out there. You will be surprised at how many people will watch.

Get ready to hand out cards.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 18 Friday June 5 What happened!
Jump to:  
Click