Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 3 Assignment May 21
Pages: [1]
Author

Day 3 Assignment May 21

PillowThrowDecor

« on: May 21, 2009, 02:26:29 am »

Day 3 Thursday, May 21, 2009

PROMOTION

1)  I love hearing innovative ways of getting business cards in people’s hands.  Julie Corbett of onthedotcreations has written a short article for us to read. Write a comment I’m sure she would love to have some feedback http://onthedotcreations.typepad.com/onthedotcreations/2009/05/add-a-business-card-to-your-marketing-bag-of-tricks.html

She also has a terrific ebook for secrets of savvy sellers which some of you may have already read http://onthedotcreations.typepad.com/onthedotcreations/secrets-of-savvy-etsy-sellers.html
Your assignment is to read both items and bookmark for future reference. Julie is having a special draw for our boot campers for a free ad on her site.  All you have to do is send her an email with the following

1. Your first name
2. A link to your icraft shop
3. The answer to the following question:  What aspects of owning your own business would you like more tips for?

Send the email to onthedotcreations@yahoo.com and put icrafts.ca in the subject line.  The winning Boot camper will be chosen at random (i.e., their answer to question #3 will have no bearing on the drawing). This needs to be done by SATURDAY NIGHT so that gives you lots of time to comment back.

2)  Craigslist – Post at least one free AD.  Then post SAME AD in 2 other sites OOdle, Lycos or kijji for example.  Our objective is to stay close to the top of their list in your category.  So from now on, every day we should post one ad on three sites.  If you keep the same ad for all three sites you can make an easy comparison of where you are getting the most views.  If you have all three ad sites open on your browser you can easily and quickly cut and paste the same copy.

SHOPKEEPING

1)Create a new listing in your store.  If you don’t have any new product to list then clean up, fix up one of your existing ones.  Clone it and submit it as a new listing.  It is so nice to see a variety of new listings coming on the front page and it keeps you at the top of the heap in searches!  From now on…every day list a new item. This means you are going to have to ramp up production which is a good thing.  The more products you have on the shelves the more likely a buyer will come inside!  This may cause you to go over your “free 5” but hey … live a little and expand your horizons. If you have another store, go raid some product and list it here.  I know for some of you it is hard to produce new items daily because of full time work or other things.  I’m so lucky… I have pillow fairies that work while I sleep. Do your best.

Miscellaneous

I will start a forum thread so that we can all list the good bits about craft as a seller and a buyer. I think a couple of people commented in yesterday’s thread but let’s consolidate all of our ideas on this new thread so we can get some really good material together.
www.giveawaytoday.blogspot.com as one of our sponsors has posted an advertisement for icraftgifts.com.  Emily says “we have over 1500 subscribers, 1660 Followers, and 995 Fans on Face book. We had 96,971 Page views during the month of April and 26.2% of our visitors were unique. Some companies reported an increase in traffic to their site by 300% and others have sold out of items in their shops the day they were featured on Give Away Today.” Two weeks ago I placed an ad with Giveaway and my views went up over %400. I am certain of one sale and possibly 2 more directly attributable to this ad. I have book again but the waiting list is getting longer.  This is a hot place to be. We will be talking more about paid advertising but until then it’s worthwhile to check this blog out

I’m missing a few boot campers.  Can you take a minute and just drop a friendly note to see how they are doing… contact someone BELOW you on the list and give them a tickle.   See you in the forum.
Cheers Christine
 :wink:
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 3 Assignment May 21
Jump to:  
Click