Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Announcements & General Discussion  >  "EXTREME MARKETING" experiment. Local buyer 1st s
Pages: [1]
Author

"EXTREME MARKETING" experiment. Local buyer 1st s

PillowThrowDecor

« on: May 09, 2009, 02:58:59 pm »

You'll think I'm mental when you get the story... think out of the box!!!

I'm sure there are a lot of you that are nuttier than I am  Tongue

Please post your wickedest, wildest, EXTREME MARKETING IDEA here.

Doesn't matter how kooky... group synergy brainstorming creates brilliant marketing ideas.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 09:02:53 pm »

I work in an office and, each April, there is "administrative professionals week" where you are supposed to thank your admin staff for all the tasks they do for you.

I make cards and paper art.  So I make them a set of 5 cards each.  I put my shop name on the back... so basically I'm giving "promos" as gifts and get advertised if and when they use them!  (Boy, do I sound shamefully cheap?)  They girls all say they love it.  We have a couple of male admin too.  They don't seem as thrilled but... it's better than flowers I guess!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 09:10:32 pm »

I'll be the ladies love it.  Good idea!

Christine
mountaindreamers

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 07:26:25 am »

I work in an office and made earrings for all of our staff for christmas, with cards that have my websites, it was a big hit, I put them on a serving tray and went to each area "serving " them , it was a big hit. Laura
JillsTreasureChest

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 10:51:24 pm »

I've done similar things.  One year I gave eveyone at work ceramic angels/cherubs I'd made as Christmas gifts.  I occasionally bring jewelry in for sale for a specific person if I think they will like it.  We had a ladies' night out at church, and I donated items with my business card as door prizes, along with the other door prizes I helped gather from other businesses.  A few offline sales from this, but I did get the word out about these online stores!!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 10:47:23 pm »

Hey  looks like there's only a few of us that step out onto the
wildside???  :lol:

Christine
JillsTreasureChest

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 07:27:18 pm »

or maybe only a few of us that choose to admit it.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 08:13:25 pm »

... but... I'm a risk adverse accountant....

I've heard lots of crazy marketing ideas, but most are legally questionable...
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 08:57:54 pm »

Here is a crazy idea. And, this is BOLD for me.

I ASKED for the sale...lol!

I selected an item that I figured a former customer might like, contacted her out of the blue, suggested a little discount as well as my "personal selection service," and she bought!

Go figure!

Sometimes all you have to do is ASK.
The Knitting Lady

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 12:57:46 am »

WOW, that's an incredible story, Linda!
Congratulations on being BOLD!  :shock:
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Announcements & General Discussion  >  "EXTREME MARKETING" experiment. Local buyer 1st s
Jump to:  
Click