Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  Hi Gang!
Pages: [1]
Author

Hi Gang!

Rohini Wahi

« on: March 09, 2009, 08:44:15 am »

Hello! Hello!

My name is Rohini and as of today I am a regular contributor to the iCraft site! I'll be writing the occasional article, introducing you to any quirky goings on in the design world, joining in on your chats and just generally flying the flag for all things iCraft-y!

I'm based in London and am a Design Writer and Interiors Stylist, you can find out a bit more about me here if you like www.thebeatthatmyheartskipped.wordpress.com

I'm forever coveting the crafty products created by the wealth of talent on your side of the pond - so I am really excited to be a part of this - hopefully I can introduce you to a few interesting things on my side too!

I devised this fun Q&A during a past project interviewing designers and creatives...i've never answered them myself - but thought it might be a good way to get to know each other.

[1] How is your work influenced by where you live?
London's awareness of its history is very inspirational, I live in the East End of London which is very urban and oozing with stories and the locals really embrace them. I love that mix and think that the merging of classic and contemporary really inspires the way i see things

[2] If you could go anywhere where would you go?
New Orleans. I used to be a big Anne Rice fan when I was younger and would do anything to experience that magical and historical part of the world. No one will come with me though : (

[3] What are you into right now?
Plants...i just bought my first plants ever and can't get enough of the joy they bring to me!

[4] What's the best book you've ever read?
The Time Travellers Wife (life changing)

[5] What are you wearing right now?
Black leggings and a long sleeved comfy floral dress.

[6] What's the last thing you ate?
Granary toast and marmite with a cup of tea.

[7] What are you coveting at the moment?
These side tables from e15 http://www.e15.com/615.html?&user_e15proddb1_pi1[showUid]=235

[8] What's the last thing you saw that really inspired you?

Heston Blumenthal's Victorian Feast series on TV last night. Heston is a mad scientist of a chef - who creates the most mind-blowing meals using scientific techniques. In yesterday's episode, he created a 'potion'  described by Lewis Carrol in Alice in Wonderland that tasted of toffee, hot buttered toast, cherry pie, custard, pineapple & turkey!

[9] Flat or House?

I can just about manage a flat and its never ending chores let alone a house.

[10] What's bugging you about life right now?
The man upstairs who treats his flat like a workshop has been banging, sawing, drilling and slamming things all morning. I need to get out! (maybe that's a reason to veer towards House)

Looking forward to getting to know you all! Hit me back with your answers - or if you're too busy just say hi!

Rohini x
designsbydebra

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 02:17:13 pm »

Hi Rohini
Welcome! Thanks for the q&a about yourself. I look forward to reading your articles.
Have a great day!
Debra Smiley
Rohini Wahi

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 05:07:47 am »

Thanks for the welcome Debra - by the way i noticed your jewellery on here way before i became a part of iCraft, its so lovely and whimsical, i love the inspirational necklace charms. Keep up the great work!

Rohini
designsbydebra

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 01:44:47 pm »

Thank you for the nice comments on my jewelry creations.
Have a great day!
Debra Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  Hi Gang!
Jump to:  
Click