Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  Pricing Policy
Pages: [1]
Author

Pricing Policy

iCraft Admin

« on: January 25, 2009, 10:29:22 pm »

We are reviewing our Pricing Policy for Creators once again and would like to hear what you think of the current Pricing Policy on iCraft. Thanks!
Beadlam

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 10:54:08 pm »

This is very timely for me because my free year is just about up. I've been looking and the pricing and just don't know what to do. I was hoping for the 25% holiday discount - but it just got away from me, and by the time I looked for it, it was past date (my fault entirely). I love this site, but I've only sold one item during the past year, and just don't know if it makes sense, economically, to continue with a paid subscription (although Starter may be good to keep a presence). I'd feel much better paying a fee when something is sold - again, because of my lack of sales.

As I've said, I love the site and feel it's very well run. Administration has been great and very responsive to our needs. Right now, it just comes down to cost vs sales.

Thanks so much for asking for our input again.

Leanne
Loopy4ewe

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 06:23:53 pm »

I love this site too! Love the fact that it's Canadian and that I can list my products in CDN $$.

But I've been struggling with the decision of which one to go with too....
iCraft Admin

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 10:28:05 pm »

Thanks ladies!
Beadlam, just wanted to clarify something. You actually qualify for a 25% discount. Everyone who registered before the end of 2008 has been given this discount. See the details here https://icraftgifts.com/community.php
Beadlam

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 04:35:33 pm »

Oh! I read the folllowing:
This is a limited time offer. It is in effect from November 1 2008 to 11:00 pm (EST) December 31, 2008 only.
to mean that the offer was over on December 31. Did I misread?

Thanks so much.
Leanne
Beadlam

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 05:01:03 pm »

I tried putting through a subscription and it indeed included the 25% discount. Thanks so much for letting me know. With the additional 10% for paying for the year, it came to under $10 per month (American) - something I could afford. I re-subscribed!

Thanks, again.
Leanne
iCraft Admin

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 07:06:49 pm »

Hi Leanne,

The line that mentioned December 31, 2008 deadline was directed at newly registered Creators. All existing members has been given this Bonus automatically, but there was also a small window of opportunity for those who registered before the end of 2008 to qualify for this offer.

Glad you've decided to stay with us. We are proud to have talented Creators like yourself on our site. Thank you!  Cheesy
designs by vickyvk

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 09:13:45 am »

Though I have had several sales in Icraft and really love the setup, I have found that most of my sales have come from traffic directed here by me through promotion. I know promoting is very important for a business, but I was hoping for sales through just traffic coming through the site...

I would be interested in a pricing policy revision. It was also interest me to have my fees based on the sales I make...
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 08:25:09 pm »

[long post]
I am like beadlam...trying to figure out what I can do when my year is up in March.

I have so enjoyed iCraft, in fact, I love, love, love iCraft, the way it works, looks, and those that run it. I talk it up with everyone.

My shop has had so many more views and even sales than I have had on Etsy the last year or more. I have basically closed up my Etsy GalleriaLinda shop and taken it all out.

I don't make a ton of sales because I work full time and this is part-time, so having a few sales is a big deal to me. I would love for it to be full time, but not yet. Surprisingly, I have had no sales since Dec. 10, but I have not been able to create many new things either. I think that makes a big difference -- plus that big elephant in the room...the economy.

ArtFire was an interest because in the beginning they said I could sell my 3 product lines (handmade, vintage, and imported sterling/gem that I have on Bonanzle).

I would love to have it all in one shop and not worry with Etsy for the vintage. Then, they changed their tactics and I can't sell the imported handmade jewelry (that is now on Bonanzle), which is fine, but that was why I went ahead and bought the $7/mo shop. Argh...!

So, here I sit with that expense, no sales, and not able to do what I planned.

I am working hard to get their "Free Ride" for life shop but not sure I will make it. That is why you see me promoting ArtFire - just for the free shop. If I don't make it, not sure I want to continue to pay the even $7/mo. I just don't know. I could make it my vintage shop, though...(thinking out loud). It all comes down to finances.

Right now, I am taking some older handmade pieces from iCraft to put on Artfire for a new audience and plan to switch back and forth. And, putting new creations on iCraft as I can.

Back to iCraft. Without making many sales (because I am part time), I definitely won't be able to afford the larger shops. I will absolutley stay for the free five and would consider the starter level (up to 15). That costs under $3 a mo USD.

With ArtFire on the scene as a competitor, though, their regular price will be $20/mo for unlimited listings. Maybe iCraft would consider the elite being unlimited? Not for me...it will be a while for me...LOL! But just thinking marketing wise for iCraft.

Oh...so much to figure out!!
iCraft Admin

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 12:55:45 am »

Thanks for your feedback, guys! Those are all great points.
We definitely want to make our services affordable and, at the same time, need to increase our advertising budget. Tough choices. Hmmm...
Btw, I am glad to see that more people now participate in this kind of discussions. We love hearing what you think. Thanks again!  Cool
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  Pricing Policy
Jump to:  
Click