Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Creator Spotlight  >  Any art critics out there?
Pages: [1]
Author

Any art critics out there?

Sugar Lane

« on: December 30, 2008, 08:58:58 pm »

Hi icrafters!!
I just listed some new art work and was wondering what people think of it.
I'd appreciate any  comments and opinions. Colors? Price? Shipping?
What do you think?
Thanks!
Megan at Sugar Lane
iCraft Admin

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 07:35:50 pm »

Hi Megan,

Wonderful store! I would only recommend 2 things:

1. Try to avoid any special characters like this ****** in your intro copy or product description copy. The reason: RSS Readers and Google Base have trouble interpreting that info and either ignore products and don't display updates or display them in a very strange way.

2. We use product images for promotional purposes and prefer to use those images that don't have any writing on them. I see some of your images have name of your Creator Exhibit on them. The way you've done it at the bottom is not too bad. Sometimes people put that name right across the product image. It abstracts the view of their product and makes it impossible for us to use those images for Facebook or Google ads etc.
I would suggest not to put any writing on the product image at all for the reasons I mentioned above.
Hope this was helpful.

Good Luck and Happy New Year!  Tongue
Sugar Lane

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 03:43:01 pm »

Thanks for the advice!
Unfortunately, it seems like unless you label your original work, someone will snag it and call it their own. It has happened to me more than once. And while I try not to paste my name over the center of the photo, I feel I must add it somewhere to keep the theives away :0).
Anyway, thank you for looking. Any advice would be helpful as I try to get my little shop going.
Anyone else???
SarahMars

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 10:57:27 pm »

Cute paintings, Sugar Lane! They'd look great in kids room.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Creator Spotlight  >  Any art critics out there?
Jump to:  
Click