Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  Hello
Pages: [1]
Author

Hello

Teri Calbert

« on: September 30, 2008, 02:18:12 pm »

Hello, my name is Teri Calbert.  My daughter and I have started a jewelry business.  We handcraft all our jewelry, whether it be commercial products that are assembled in an original fashionable manner or original creations from polymer clay.  I myself also love to take pictures and edit with photography software such as Photoshop etc., as well as take trash and turn it into treasures.  We have started our own website and do festivals within our state (we have full time jobs and can't travel far).  Did I mention that we also live in different cities.  We love what we do but have found our choice of outlets have not produced much revenue :cry:  I joined icraft to learn what other crafters do and of course to sell :lol:
peachesneedsunshine

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 02:46:35 pm »

Cheesy Hello Teri, Glad you're here at iCraft. You didn't mention where you're from.  I'm from Georgia.  I've been on iCraft for several months and so far haven't sold anything.  I'm getting a little discouraged myself so I hope you have better luck.  I don't really have any competition in the wedding garter department so I don't really understand it.  But I'm going to hang in there.  Hopefully things will pick up.  Good luck with your sells.
Teri Calbert

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 08:34:55 am »

I live in Missouri.  Selling handmade items is a funny business.  I don't think people really care that an item is hand made just from what I hear at craft shows.  People come to crafts shows and don't realize that the items are handcrafted.  Go figure.  I have tried several different sites to sell my items without much luck but I will keep on trying.  I believe in my abilities.  Good luck to you as well.
Jordanka Yaretz

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 07:19:23 pm »

I have been on this site for several months, but I have not sold anything.I am an artist and have been painting for 38 years. I sell my art mostly on eBay and ETSY , ArtByUs and YESSY.
I even started a blog:
http://treeartist-jordanka.blogspot.com

Maybe if I update my shop with new paintings a little more often ,but this year has been very slow with sales.
Teri Calbert

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 08:47:09 am »

Do you do any better on etsy?  I tried it once with one of my photographs with no luck.  We are always adding new items to our website without any sells. :wink:
Jordanka Yaretz

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 10:48:26 am »

I've had sales , but this year has been very slow. I belong to 3 Groups and we work very hard to promote each other , but it has been slow for everyone. The economy, the stock market , the housing and politics ,it's afecting people big time.
MeMeBevsCreations

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 03:03:44 pm »

Hi I am Bev currently from NC. I haven't had any sales here or on Etsy(PIF only) but I hang in there as well. I just realized when we click on profile that there is no information there and no way to edit it. Sad  At least as far as I can see there is no way to edit it.
iCraft Admin

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 10:01:34 pm »

Hi MeMeBevs,

You can make any changes to your Profile if you login into "My Account" and then click on "My Profile" link on the left. Let me know if you still have any questions. Thanks!
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  Hello
Jump to:  
Click