Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Art, Crafts & Fashion Chat  >  Tumblers: where to buy in Canada?
Pages: [1]
Author

Tumblers: where to buy in Canada?

Beajoux

« on: April 24, 2008, 05:36:24 pm »

I'd really love to buy a tumbler, but so far all I've found are U.S. websites (which don't list shipping rates to Canada). Does anyone know where to buy a tumbler in Canada (retail or online)?

Also, I'm adding a poll to find out which ones are the best!

Thanks!
Decadence2

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 11:05:09 am »

Did you look at lacy tools?

Personally, I bought one from the US, Harbour Freight, I had my dh pick it up for me since he's in the US every week. Ive been using it since about Christmas time and other than a belt blowing (which I crazy glued back together...lol) its been working just fine for me.

brenda
Beajoux

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 08:41:50 am »

Brenda, thanks for your message. My local bead store actually told me about Lacy's just the other day; I wasn't aware of them before and wow, do they ever have a lot of stuff! Their prices seem high, though; and when you look at buying from the States and shipping it here, the price is almost the same as if I buy from Lacy's. Weird.

However, you made an excellent suggestion about having someone pick up one in the States; my husband is going to Chicago in a few weeks! That might work out best for me.

You have beautiful jewellery, by the way!

Cheesy

Ainsley
Decadence2

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 09:07:07 am »

Their prices seem high, though; and when you look at buying from the States and shipping it here, the price is almost the same as if I buy from Lacy's. Weird. >>>

Unfortunately, I find that with a lot of things, probably they import from the US to begin with so have to do a markup on it that covers fees etc...

thanks! you have lovely jewellery as well...

Ironically (since he rarely works in Canada) my dh is in Toronto this week...I almost went with him but I decided not to, I have too many projects on the go right now!

~brenda
StudioduSoleil

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 12:23:46 am »

I purchased mine at Mountain Gems in Burnaby, BC. It's a Lortone.
Beajoux

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 05:20:30 pm »

Thanks! I've checked out their website and emailed a request for shipping costs to Ontario. I'd never heard of them before; glad to find a new place!
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Art, Crafts & Fashion Chat  >  Tumblers: where to buy in Canada?
Jump to:  
Click