Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Creator Spotlight  >  Creator Spotlight - Thread Guidelines - IMPORTANT
Pages: [1]
Author

Creator Spotlight - Thread Guidelines - IMPORTANT

iCraft Updates

phpBB Site Admin

« on: April 11, 2008, 01:40:59 pm »

Hi everyone,

iCraft Admin has received some feedback from various members that the Creator Spotlight thread is becoming a *little* out of control. So, in order to ensure that we present ourselves well to the rest of the Community, we want to establish some guidelines to keep the thread running smoothly and have everyone (Creators and shoppers alike) coming back to participate in the most mutually-beneficial way.

-  DO use this area as a place to promote specials, sales, offers and discounts related to your Creator Exhibit / products.

- DO participate whenever there is something that is of benefit to shoppers browsing the site, like showcasing a few of your hot sellers or announcing a sale.

- DON'T post random messages like "my newest item" and "I want a sale" - these are not of benefit to shoppers who are browsing the site, and aren't consistent with the purpose of the thread.

- DON'T use the thread to announce every item you have listed in your Creator Exhibit.

- DON'T be selfish on the thread, and post multiple entries all at once. This pushes posts from other Creators down to the bottom, and isn't nice "netiquette".

Thanks everyone, and happy crafting Smiley
OrangeTheory

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 08:06:07 pm »

Thank you so much for the clarification.  These are helpful guidelines.
HouseofSixCats

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 08:13:30 pm »

Let's hope they are actually followed, promotion forums have the potential to get out of hand.   Sad

Thank you for implementing them!  Cheesy
OrangeTheory

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 06:58:14 pm »

Just wanted to bump this back up to the top.  Hoping more people will see it.  Smiley

These are some very helpful guidelines!
Cindys Creative Crochet

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 12:28:41 pm »

Maybe I am reding this wrong, but why can't we show our new items, isn't that a form of promoting and gathering people to your shop?
iCraft Updates

phpBB Site Admin

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 03:58:10 pm »

Hi Cindys Creative Crochet,

There were some instances where Creators were using this topic to list every single newly posted item in their Creator Exhibit. When this happened, the whole Creator Spotlight section looked like it was run by one / two people.

It is OK start ONE thread which lists all your newly posted items, but consider attaching some sort of promotion to it (Free Shipping, Buy One Get One, Gift with Purchase, etc.) so that it looks attractive to a shopper.  It is NOT OK to list all of your new items in separate threads, and push other posts down to the bottom in doing so.

Hope this provides a little more clarification - Happy Crafting!  Smiley
MsQ

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 04:33:19 pm »

Glad I saw these guidelines. Thanks.
Valeries Gallery

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 09:29:21 am »

Opps - Sorry - I am guilty

Thanks for the clarification!
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Creator Spotlight  >  Creator Spotlight - Thread Guidelines - IMPORTANT
Jump to:  
Click