Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  Can you help me?
Pages: [1]
Author

Can you help me?

Handcrafted By Heinrichs

« on: October 14, 2020, 03:27:32 pm »

Hi all - I've had my store up for several months. I've had, literally, hundreds of views on many of my products, and I've made one sale.  Would anyone be willing to look at my store and give me some feedback?  Is it my product, my prices, or maybe my shipping options that are keeping folks from buying?  Please help!  Thanks so much!  Handcrafted by Heinrichs
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 05:29:07 pm by Handcrafted By Heinrichs »
Shellys Handmade Creations

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 03:08:30 pm »

Hello -

I am not the best to critique another shop but would like to share my experience as a fellow shop owner. For me I find that social media has been an effective tool to attract potential customers. Many of my initial followers were family and friends who eventually became customers. I also market to local shop owners (some of whom I was their customer for many years).  These same individuals and businesses were the beginning of my support group of my small shop.  This was an essential step for me to get invites to participate in craft fairs which led to more exposure for my business.

Each visitor to my booth, business cards that I hand out and posting at least once a day on social media provides an opportunity for me to reach potential buyers. Overtime I learned that what I am building are relationships which consist of myself, my products, the website, and the buyers. Recently, I joined various craft networking groups to stay connected with other creative makers. I will admit that reaching sales goals is a slow process, but I remind myself that I am building something of quality.

I hope you find these thoughts helpful.
Handcrafted By Heinrichs

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 11:00:51 am »

This is very helpful - thank you so much for your feedback!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 05:55:56 pm »

I agree with Shellys Handmade Creations. It comes down to how easy it is to find your product in the great, big, wide, internet. How are you marketing? Are you getting in front of the right audiences?

Also, consider how relevant your keywords are and how you group them. For examples:
In your shop description, you have "Kimberly, specializing in jewelry, has a unique style that is lovingly made by hand." If "hand made jewelry" is your key word, then make sure they are together. Try this: "Kimberly, specializing in lovingly hand made jewelry, has a unique style that is.... [describe the style]." You're making a claim but not explaining it. What is it about her style makes it unlike anybody else's?

Some product titles like: "Blue Geode" and "Peacock 1" and "Ladybug Necklace" could be strengthened.
-- Are you selling a blue geode (a rock)? or a piece of jewellery that features a blue geode?
-- Are you selling a Peacock or a piece of jewellery that features a peacock themed colour scheme?
-- Is the necklace made of ladybugs? (ew!) Or is that the name of the piece that is a beaded necklace? Try: "Ladybug Beaded Necklace", or "Beaded Necklace, The Ladybug"

Try to add more to the product descriptions. Again - more volume of description = more chances to hit those keywords. Include things like what the metal is. Some people have allergies and need a certain metal and a certain quality of metal. Always show a picture of the clasp so people can see how the necklace or bracelet opens and closes. Some people worry it will catch on their clothing or be hard to use without a helper.

Just some food for thought.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  Can you help me?
Jump to:  
Click