Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  New Supplies Marketplace
Pages: [1]
Author

New Supplies Marketplace

CreativeXpression1

« on: August 25, 2020, 02:45:07 pm »

Just wanted to ask if there are any new updates regarding the new supplies online marketplace? Thanks ~ Rita
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 01:58:30 am »

Hi Rita,

I know it's been a long wait. Thank you for your patience!  Kiss

Our new marketplace platform is not ready yet, even though we have new design and some new pages built for the new site. With all the delays that we had in the past, I am not going to mention any dates. All I can say is that we are working on it and that the new Supplies marketplace will most likely be launched at the same time as the redesigned iCraft marketplace.

I wanted to offer you to sell your crafting supplies on the current iCraft site. Would that work for you if we created a category for "Craft Supplies"? This would be a temporarily solution until we have the new Supplies marketplace and migrate all your items there? You can sell supplies in a separate store or in the same store that you currently have. Feel free to email us to discuss your preferences. I could also share with you our new Supplies site design to get your feedback on it.

CreativeXpression1

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 04:03:56 pm »

Hello Admin,

Agreed - long wait, but will remain patient. Thank you for holding on specific launch date; appreciate that consideration.

Thank you for the offer to sell my crafting/jewelry making supplies on the current iCraft site. It would work if a category for "Craft Supplies" and maybe "Jewelry Supplies" could be created. I sell various types of beads for making jewelry and Perler Beads for creating Perler Bead projects as well as scrapbooking supplies. I'm also thinking about branching out to create die cuts and vinyl clings.

I understand it would only be a temporary solution until the new Supplies site is launched.Am I able to use the same email address for more than one store? If so, then I'd open a new craft store (CreativeXpression2) and once the new site is launched, the 2nd store and its products could be migrated to the new craft supply site. I will email you to further discuss and look forward to receiving new Supplies site design so I may offer my feedback. 

Thanks and I look forward to your reply post. 

Blessings ~ Rita
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 01:20:00 am »

Hi Rita,
I've created "Craft Supplies" and "Jewelry Supplies" categories, as well as "Beads" and "Scrapbooking Supplies" sub-categories for you.

You can sell supplies as part of your current store or create a new store specifically for Supplies, though you'd have to use a different email for that. I can wave registration fee for the second store.
CreativeXpression1

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 02:55:09 pm »

Hello Admin,

A few things to discuss...

1. Thank you creating the craft and jewelry supplies categories along with the sub-categories! These will be a big help. I'll list my supply products in my current store. Once the new supplies marketplace is launched, I'll set up a different email, create my 2nd store at that time and transfer the supplies products in current store to the 2nd store.

2. I received both emails of the sample homepage for the supplies marketplace. The email containing the pdf file of the homepage is awesome! Really like the layout and bright color splotches around the border of the homepage adds a real touch of artistic flair. Inspires visitors to "create". When I first viewed the layout and color scheme, the thought that flashed through my brain was "This reminds me of a great book cover that encourages me to open its pages and discover the goodies inside." Great job on the design!! The only suggestion I'd make is to include "scrapbooking" category unless this would be a subcategory under "Seasonal & Celebrations" category.

3. I do not want to complain or be negative after sharing my 2 positive points above. However, I must share that my store had a sale on Sept. 4 (Order #3638) from buyer who lives in Arizonia. Once again as with the last 7 sales, I have not yet received payment for the order. I've contacted the buyer via regular email with no resply from buyer. I'll give it to Saturday and if no payment is received, I will as with the last 7 store sales cancel order # 3638. In the 11 years of selling online, I've never had this issue of having to cancel orders for nonpayment. It is very discouraging and in all honesty makes me skeptical of keeping my current store open. It certainly doesn't look good for me as a seller to keep cancelling orders. It doesn't help iCrafts' reputation. I understand buyers are given 3 days to pay for their order and once payment is received the seller has 3 days to ship the product to buyer. My question: Is there anyway the payment process can be more streamlined for the buyer? In other words, instead of iCraft giving buying 3 days to actually pay for their order, could iCraft enforce that payment must be made BEFORE leaving checkout?

Thanks, Rita
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 02:23:28 pm »

Thanks for your great feedback, Rita!

1) Sounds like a plan. We also need to accumulate enough supplies items in order to populate the new marketplace.

2) Glad to hear you like the look and feel of the new supplies site. We'll definitely add Scrapbooking category.

3) We can remove unpaid orders in 24 hrs and don't send notification to sellers. 3 days rule would then apply only for chq and eTransfer orders.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  New Supplies Marketplace
Jump to:  
Click