Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Questions Related to the Website  >  Critique on my Icraft site
Pages: [1]
Author

Critique on my Icraft site

Bee Bees Jewelry Boutique

« on: May 15, 2020, 09:04:39 am »

Hi Everyone: I started my Icraft site in March--bad timing but I do my jewelry making mostly to keep my mind busy in the hope of maybe selling some pretty handmade jewelry. Sad to say I have not sold anything but have had a lot of lookers. Not sure why this is and hoping to get some opinions. Is it the price, or maybe the shipping, or just the times right now??
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 01:17:03 pm »

Your store is relatively new. It requires some promotion to get targeted buyers. I'd suggest promote it more through social media.
Also, if you check what's currently being sold on our site, it's mostly face masks https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/last-sold, so it's not you, it's bad timing.  Roll Eyes
Bee Bees Jewelry Boutique

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 10:36:23 am »

Thank you for your response. I have a facebook page and have tried to connect it to my Icraft website with no success. This is the message I get when I try through Setup my Social Feed: Login Failed: You can't use Facebook to log into this app or website because there's an issue with its implementation of Facebook Login. I did email Tech support last week but have not gotten a response. Is there instructions on how to do this and what settings I need on Facebook. I am a total novice on Facebook. Bobbie
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 06:15:43 pm »

Hi Bobbie, I asked developer to investigate the Facebook connection issue and I responded to your email. I'll provide you with an update as soon as I get it. Thank you for your patience!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 03:06:02 pm »

Hi Bee Bee! Welcome to iCraft. I don't wear jewellery but I don't think those prices are daunting at all.

I do think marketing is a HUUUUUGE part of owning your own business. Look for ways to put the word out, not just online, but locally too (well... once those things open up again). Like, can you leave business cards at your hair dressers? Or any place you frequent that has a "waiting area". Or if you do craft fairs, make sure you give out business cards with your iCraft store on it.

Another thought - what about using the "collections" feature in your iCraft store? You could make collections for "beaded jewellery" for example or any other "themes" you've got in your shop. (The reason I don't wear jewellery is that I'm allergic to the metals and get terrible rashes within an hour. If I have to suffer through a piece of jewellery for a fancy dinner, I look for ones where the only metal to touch my skin might be the clasp where my hair covers the back of my neck to keep the rash hidden.)
Shellys Handmade Creations

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2020, 05:48:32 pm »

I agree with Fairy Cardmaker that marketing is a HUGE part of owing your own business! I think I might spend 50 percent of my time on marketing and 50 percent making product. But I think it is worth it as I am slowing getting the word out there about my business. Social media is a great tool to spread the word as well as joining handmade groups.  Best of luck to you  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 08:37:23 pm by Shellys Handmade Creations »
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Questions Related to the Website  >  Critique on my Icraft site
Jump to:  
Click