Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  New Job Update & Thank You!
Pages: [1]
Author

New Job Update & Thank You!

CreativeXpression1

« on: April 09, 2020, 03:00:18 pm »

Hello,

I've looked for my prior post to say "thank you" to those who sent well wishes my way for the new job, which I started on March 18th. Was unable to locate my original post, so I thought I'd share a new post. The job is going well....

I'm a farm girl at heart. Love working with flowers, gardening and playing in the dirt, but am also a people person.  Kiss Can talk with someone I've just met as if I've known them all my life. Have had this trait since I was a little girl.

I believe the Lord has provided the right opportunity for me; currently working at Lowe's in their garden center! I water the plants, do stocking and have an opportunity to use my design skills when setting up flower displays. In addition, have been cross trained as a cashier. Mly people person skill set is consistently used as I interact with customers, whether as a cashier or helping them to locate a product in the garden center or just sharing tips with them or answering their questions about flowers or gardening.

Still adjusting though to the hours. Am in bed by 8 each evening and back up at 2:30 a.m. each morning. I take care of our 9 month old German Shepherd puppy before heading out the door at 4:15 to be at work by 5. It's nice getting off at 2 in the afternoon. Thought I'd be able to spend a bit of time in my store (have more products to list), but am giving myself the time needed to adjust to the schedule since I'm usually zonked by the time I get home from work. My hubby takes care of our puppy most afternoons/evenings. 

Need to go for now, but sending blessings to all and praying that each one will remain healthy and safe during this difficult pandemic of Covid -19.

Blessings ~ Rita

Shellys Handmade Creations

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 01:08:36 am »

Thank you for sharing the great news Rita! I’m soo happy for you.
Take care 😀
CreativeXpression1

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 07:35:35 am »

Thank you, Shelly's Handmade Creations, for your warm words of encouragement! Blessings ~ Rita
SarahMars

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 01:56:28 pm »

It's nice to read good news for a change. Congrats on the new job, Rita!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 01:58:38 pm »

Glad to hear you are doing so well, Rita  Grin
Stay safe and healthy!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 02:05:44 pm »

That's great news, Rita! Congrats. Hope you settle in to a "new normal" soon.
CreativeXpression1

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 04:14:07 pm »

Thanks Fairy Cardmaker and the well wishes that I'll settle into a "new normal soon. Kinda funny, I was laid off the day before Thanksgiving, but had to keep my same schedule of rising early. Our German Shepherd puppy wouldn't go back to sleep after my hubby left for work. Little did I know that in several months time that I would secure a job that had the same hours as I had before being laid off! Am so glad I "had" to keep the same routine of early rising during those months of being out of work. It'd have been a much bigger adjustment!!

Thanks, iCraft Admin for encouragement!!

Thanks Sara for the congrats. I agree it's nice to read good news...

Wishing all my iCraft community members have a wonderful Easter!

Blessings ~ Rita
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  New Job Update & Thank You!
Jump to:  
Click