Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Shared Content  >  Amazon is shipping expired baby formula and other out-of-date foods
Pages: [1]
Author

Amazon is shipping expired baby formula and other out-of-date foods

SarahMars

« on: November 07, 2019, 12:42:46 am »

Is Amazon too big and losing control over what's sold on their platform or they just don't care? #eCommerce #Amazon

Shared content:
Amazon is shipping expired baby formula and other out-of-date foods
An increasing number of consumers are finding that, just as the broader Amazon Marketplace has a major issue with counterfeits and unsafe products, the grocery section is littered with similarly problematic items in the form of expired foods.
Read full story
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 12:44:31 am by SarahMars »
MsRainesSewingRoom

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 08:49:48 am »

Unfortunately amazon isn't the only grocer selling bad food, one of the grocer's where I live constantly has old food on it's shelves.
However , they are financially in dire straights, Although that is no excuse, I got lunch meat one day that had an expiration date of 2 weeks prior
to the day I purchased it, and that was only one of the times it happened. Absolutely started checking dates before buying now.
SarahMars

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 08:58:22 pm »

That happened to me too recently, at Whole Foods of all places, though Amazon is not suffering financially. I don't understand how successful companies get away with this.
MsRainesSewingRoom

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 09:36:33 am »

A lot of the safe guards protecting consumers have been reversed the past couple of years in many industries,
which is a shame, and will continue. Leaving consumers at risk, and businesses able to get away with this kind of
risky behavior. We are now back to a buyer beware system.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Shared Content  >  Amazon is shipping expired baby formula and other out-of-date foods
Jump to:  
Click