Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Shared Content  >  Canada produces most waste in the World, United States ranks third
Pages: [1]
Author

Canada produces most waste in the World, United States ranks third

LisaGold

« on: July 22, 2019, 12:09:45 am »

I am disappointed. We recycle and supposed to be a waste conscious nation. How did we end up with this title?

Shared content:
Canada produces most waste in the World, United States ranks third
The world is drowning in trash, and the waste generation rates are only increasing, according to the World Bank. Due to population growth and urban areas growth, the amount of trash countries produce is only expected to rise – by some estimates as much as 70% between 2016 and 2050.
Read full story
MsRainesSewingRoom

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 02:44:21 pm »

Really sad and disturbing what we are doing to our Mother Earth, I have recently decided to  either give away or re-purpose anything I can when I no longer need it. I recently re-purposed a book shelf into floating shelves and a shoe rack. I now try to find what I need used for free or buy used if possible. Anyway I can keep less from going to the land fill. And buy less in general, ever see what happens to someone's things when they get evicted it all goes to the curb and people will pick threw it. And no one can take anything with them to where ever we go when we die, makes you wonder why we buy it all in the first place. There is some thing to be said about living the minimal life style, something I'm trying to do more.
LisaGold

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 01:00:38 am »

That's a great example MsRaines about re-purposed book shelf!
We could all look at our possessions and find ways to reduce, reuse and re-purpose more.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Shared Content  >  Canada produces most waste in the World, United States ranks third
Jump to:  
Click