Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Questions Related to the Website  >  Helpful hints as a first-time web store
Pages: [1]
Author

Helpful hints as a first-time web store

Loops Galore And More

« on: June 20, 2019, 05:17:26 pm »

Hello! I'm wondering if some of the crafters in the community can give me some feedback on my web store. I've been working on my website for about 3 months to improve the overall appeal. Can you please give me some feedback or tips to help me with appealing to buyers? Thank you in advance!
MsRainesSewingRoom

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 10:35:56 am »

Hello Loops Galore, I hesitate commenting on anyone else's shop,  when mine needs work , lol
I would suggest doing a store banner, the pic for the banner is not very high from top to bottom so it's a little tricky,
You could lay out a couple of your items on a solid color background with maybe some fake flowers in the corner, just an idea.
I have been trying to make my pics better, still a work in progress, I bought some poster board to use for a background for my pics,
you can buy a couple different colors, to compliment the color of the item. You might try getting a life like doll to model the baby items.
Having a online shop is always a work in progress, Happy Crafting Smiley
Maple Leaf

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 10:46:47 am »

I think the simpler the background in the photo the better. It should not interfere with the product.
Here is a good article from a photographer on how to take product photos https://icraftgifts.com/blog/how-to-take-amazing-product-images-photography-101-with-professional-photographer-christopher-gentile-54.php
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 01:37:38 pm »

Welcome Loops Galore

I'd say more key words. Lots more! For example:

"Soft, light weight, warm and breathable baby hooded sweater. This [knitted/croscheted garment] is perfect for keeping baby warm in [name appropriate seasons or temperatures (if temp, use both Fahrenheit and Celsius if you sell to the US]. Below are the sizes and colors for this handmade sweater I currently have in stock:"
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Questions Related to the Website  >  Helpful hints as a first-time web store
Jump to:  
Click