Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  Creators - Please consider International Shipping!!!!!
Pages: [1]
Author

Creators - Please consider International Shipping!!!!!

CurlySue

« on: April 01, 2008, 04:32:31 pm »

I really wanted to make a purchase today to see how it all works but so many exhibits I went into did not offer international shipping so it was impossible for me to buy.

:cry:  

Please dont discount the rest of the world, this is an international site and you are limiting your sales by not offering it.

I WANT to buy from you!
iCraft Updates

phpBB Site Admin

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 04:41:37 pm »

Great point CurlySue!

This truly is an international site. We have Creators registered from all over the world including Australia, the United States, Canada, Estonia, Latvia, Russia, Thailand, Venezuela, the UK and many more. Our marketing strategy plans to target shoppers in North America, South America and Europe, so it would be to every Creator's benefit to make their items available for international purchases. Don't limit yourself - share your talent with the world Smiley

Thanks everyone!!
OrangeTheory

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 08:19:13 pm »

I offer international shipping!  I shipped something to Canada today (from the US, so not so far) but the process is relatively painless.  I agree, don't alienate potential customers and lose sales by not offering to ship internationally.  The shipping profile set up available in your shop is SO easy to set up and very easy to use when you list items.  I love how the shipping profiles work here.  Makes the listing process smooth and painless!
Marys Garden

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 11:22:00 pm »

Along the same lines, though not about shipping, is how you list measurments in your listings.  In other discussion forums it has been brought up that international buyers (international from the US) may be put off by the strict use of "inches", and so it's a good idea to include metric measurements as well.  Many international members indicated that it would be helpful and make it easier (thus more likely) for them to buy.  For myself, I know I would be more inclined to buy if the listing included inches, so now I try to always include both.

Sorry for the hijak, I just thought it kind of went along with accomodating international customers!

Kady
MandalaDesignStudio

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 01:06:47 pm »

Thanks for the post! I've decided to ship internationally and have updated my store to reflect the changes. Thanks again!

~Jessi~
zephi

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 02:52:58 pm »

I don't mind shipping internationall either. I think I may need to work out some kinks tho....everyone outside the u.s. and canada is probably going to have to pay all the same rate.
3 Bags Anda Tote

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 08:51:51 pm »

I will be happy to ship Internationally, too. I have shipping listed for each product but, if there is a question about your country, just send me an email and I will check the price of postage for you.
62Suebu

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 11:17:55 pm »

I will ship anywhere...
Decadence2

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 12:05:49 pm »

I ship internationally, I refund any overage on my shipping...

Cheesy
Bunnie

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 02:25:54 pm »

im sitll trying to figure out if i CAN....i sell windowsill herb gardens and im not sure where and if i can send the seeds out of country !!!  canada apparently i CAN....anyone know???

xoxoxo

bunnie
MeMeBevsCreations

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 04:27:41 pm »

I so but still trying to figure out lots of things.
Six Twigs Crafts

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 12:17:19 am »

I love shipping internationally but the customers cost to do so can be quite high.  From Canada, anything that falls within small packet limits AND under 500 grams can be shipped internationally for under $13 (the USA has a separate flat shipping rate).  But, as soon as the parcel weighs 500g-1kg (yet still within the small packet measurements), you're looking at really high flat rate shipping costs.

Shipping to the USA on a small packet weighing 500g-1kg is $13.50 so you can imagine how hiked up it is to go internationally.

This goes without saying that all parcels are shipped via airmail, even those to the USA.  Ground delivery is eerily long and unreliable.
Six Twigs Crafts

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 12:32:08 am »

Someone asked about shipping native seeds and vegetation outside of Canada.  Apparently it's not allowed.  From my limited understanding, any plant matter that's grown and cultivated in Canada, either wild or domestic, cannot leave the country for fear of spreading disease.  Twigs, grasses, acorns, even leaves off of trees can't exit the country. Even orange peels from store bought oranges are a no-no.  I'm assuming that this is the same for herbs and seeds that you've harvested from your plants.

If you visit the Canada Post website, you will find some information on what's legal to mail and what isn't.  My personal rule of thumb is absolutely nothing gets mailed outside of the country that was grown in the country.

Dangerous goods can't be mailed either.  The post office people told me that you can't even use a box that once held dangerous goods, e.g., lighter fluid, or a liquor box!

OOPS... I just realized that the question was about whether or not seeds and such could be mailed INTO Canada.  That I do not know but I've ordered lavender from the US and have had no problems with it crossing the border.
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2008, 07:15:50 pm »

I offer international shipping but am new to it. I have 3 countries posted but a note to let me know your country for a quote. I have not figured out how to do more countries in my listings.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  Creators - Please consider International Shipping!!!!!
Jump to:  
Click