Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  Regarding Amazon and start ups
Pages: [1]
Author

Regarding Amazon and start ups

MsRainesSewingRoom

« on: June 11, 2019, 08:49:06 am »

I know not much to nothing about eCommerce or business for that matter, although I have had my own very small business. I am just a hobbyist, and have no desire to be anymore than that.

So the following is just my observation and opinion on the subject. These big companies like Wal Mart, Amazon Etc. only use the small businesses as a stepping stone to get Them to the top, and then they discard them. It would be wise for small businesses to view them in the same way. Use them to get noticed and known, while building a spot for themselves, never planning on staying with the giant. I know this much about business never put all your eggs in one basket, and totally rely on anyone who at anytime can become your competitor, because they will. Look at WayFair and Wal Mart. WayFair was smart. Happy Crafting : )
LisaGold

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 09:50:02 am »

You are right, small businesses are a stepping stone to most eCommerce platforms. As soon as they become successful, they become punitive and start dictating rules, and can shut down your business without any warning. So it's not a collaboration anymore. I guess when you are driven purely by profits that's what you get.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  Regarding Amazon and start ups
Jump to:  
Click