Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Store critique
Pages: [1]
Author

Store critique

Shellys Handmade Creations

« on: June 01, 2019, 03:42:45 pm »

Hello everyone - I would like a critique of my store. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much!
Maple Leaf

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 11:22:02 pm »

I think products look best on real people. I'd also lighten up your photos a bit in Photoshop, maybe even add a bit of contrast. Good photos are critical in purchasing decision.   

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 12:09:35 pm »

Thank you Maple Leaf. I have a person that models for me in my photos and videos.  I will take a look at photo shop and see what improvements I can make. Thank you again for your feedback.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 10:36:40 pm »

Hi, Shelly.
Just some observations:
I agree on needing some contrast on some of the photos. For example:
This
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/104909/womens-collar-cowl-scarf-light-grey-tweed.php - the cowl stands out because the mannequin blends with the bricks.
But this:
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/104827/womens-knitted-collar-cowl-scarf-black.php - everything is a little too close in colour. Maybe you can get a large coloured bristol board to put behind? A neutral grey?

Also, you need to sell the product more in the description. Is it indoor to go over a shirt? Especially a deep neck? Or does it just go under your jacket as an alternative to a scarf? How do you wash it? Is it hang dry only?

Maybe you can fit more keywords in your store description?
This line, right near the top is really good:
Knitting or sewing clothing and accessories is my true joy. Knitted items create a simple, easy-wearing feel...

Use an alternate to "knitted items" somewhere like "knitted accessories" or "knitted fashion" maybe?

Good luck with your business.

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 11:53:09 pm »

Fairy Cardmaker - Thank you for your advise. I am working on redoing pics of my earlier postings  Smiley
I will take another look at the product description too. Thank you again for your feedback!
MsRainesSewingRoom

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 07:33:15 am »

Hi Shelly,
I just wanted to tell you that your 2 new pictures look so great. It's inspires me to redo my pics.
Happy Crafting : )

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 03:16:51 pm »

Thank you so much for the compliment  Smiley Also thank you to everyone for responding to my post for help.
Have a great weekend!
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Store critique
Jump to:  
Click