Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  Critque of My Shop
Pages: [1]
Author

Critque of My Shop

CreationsbyNoni

« on: April 12, 2019, 02:40:24 pm »

I would appreciate some input on my images as well as content.  I know I need to list more items and am working on  getting them ready to post, but input a long the way would help correcting a lot of mistakes.

https://icraftgifts.com/thecottonthreadz

BR
Cyndee
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 12:13:40 pm »

Hi Cyndee,
I like your photos and descriptions. The only thing I'd mention is that clothing always looks better on people, so if you can find models (babies) to showcase those cute outfits, it would be helpful.
MsRainesSewingRoom

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 12:15:38 pm »

Hi Cyndee,
I love your Banner, and your items are beautiful, your descriptions are great to, wish I had the patience to write
that good of a description. The only thing I would say is what you already know and that's put more Items in your shop.
Because the more Items the more views you'll get.  Just an idea, if you find a few things you can make that only takes a little fabric
and very little time to make, you can fill up your shop more quickly and in just a little time to bring the views in. Than you can spend
more time on your nicer stuff. Like maybe  just some bibs and burp cloths, sold in sets of 3 or 4.
I like you are new here, and really like the site.
Happy sewing!!!!
CreationsbyNoni

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 10:08:09 am »

Icraft Admin - it do not have access to any babies to use as models but I do have different size clothing manikins, do you think that would help? It will at least show how it fits.

MsRainesSewingRoom - I do have some smaller items that I just need to take photos of, and working on that this week, things such as face scrubbies, burp cloths, bibs, and a few more crochet items.

I realized that I also need to add the length of the skirts as well.

Do you feel my items are priced competitively, not overpriced?
Nicole Gibson

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 04:44:27 pm »

I think the mannequins would work just so people could see how it fits for sure!
I just added some of your items to some Pinterest handmade group boards so that should drive some more traffic to your products Smiley
I will also add to our spring fashion collection, your products are beautiful!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 10:18:08 pm »

Welcome to the site!

I think it's fantastic that you have "sewing and crocheting" in the very first sentence of your store description and reinforced later on. However, there's no product in it. Are you selling clothing? Household items? Both? You should try to work those keywords in somewhere.

I agree with the others - your pictures are great! I do think a mannequin is better than only flat pictures. How something looks when it's filled out and hanging from a body with gravity doing it's thing can make a big difference to the item!

(Sometimes I wonder if you staged the mannequin in a field of flowers (or a backyard garden) or a backyard swingset or slides... would that look artistic? Or creepy? Not sure!)

(I can't comment on price. I don't buy kid's clothes.)

Hope you find great success!
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  Critque of My Shop
Jump to:  
Click