Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Art, Crafts & Fashion Chat  >  Shipping art prints...
Pages: [1]
Author

Shipping art prints...

simplylovely

« on: March 31, 2008, 02:26:36 pm »

How do you ship your art prints/or giclees to avoid damage?
iCraft Admin

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 04:11:26 am »

Great question, Christina! A lot of people ask about that. Hopefully someone knowledgeable will respond soon.
Baudelaire Sanctuary

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 11:35:27 am »

Hi!

I've been shipping art prints for a while now. I don't do anything fancy.  First I put  the print inside a simple folder made of bristol board.  Then I cut 2 pieces of cardboard to the appropriate size, and put the print between them.  Next I tape the cardboard pieces together at the edges with lots of packing tape.  Ta-da!  The print will be safe, I promise.
enidjewelry

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 06:38:18 pm »

This is going to sound ridiculous, but after putting your print between two pieces of cardboard, wrap the whole thing in plastic, or if your prints are small enough, in ziploc bags. Why ? Hmm... You'll see when you receive a damp package that has spend a lot of time under the rain ;_;

Believe me, opening a damp package and having a nice and dry piece of art inside = A++ for the seller, who took the time to package it carefully =)
Baudelaire Sanctuary

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 07:17:59 pm »

Good call enidjewlery.
simplylovely

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 11:13:09 am »

Thanks for the advice ! I was thinking of using cello bags and cardboard.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Art, Crafts & Fashion Chat  >  Shipping art prints...
Jump to:  
Click