Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  introduction with newbie question
Pages: [1]
Author

introduction with newbie question

Curly Qs Cards and Gifts

« on: February 16, 2019, 08:21:18 pm »

Hi everyone, my name is Trish and I will be opening a card and gift shop in a couple of days. I have explored the site and there is so much talent and skill here! I noted that there are card-makers here. My specialty is drawing and watercolor so I think we offer different aspects of the same craft. I'm really looking forward to getting my shop open but a bit nervous. I've never tried selling anything I make other than portraits. This may be the wrong place to ask this, but I'm having trouble deciding between two names for my store. The first nameI will is based on an old nickname( because I have really curly hair) and the second is a play on words because I make altered art and such and run a green store. So Curly  Qs Cards and Gifts or My Alter Eco. I would appreciate any feedback, thank you!!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 11:39:47 pm »

Hi Trish, welcome to iCraft!

I like when people personalize their stores, so I think it's a good idea to use the word "curly" in the store name. It's your store after all.
Btw, it's easy to change the name of your store later, if you change your mind. Just update it on this page https://icraftgifts.com/member_profile.php and all links will update as well.
Curly Qs Cards and Gifts

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 01:12:13 am »

Great information, thank you!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 02:06:15 am »

You are welcome! I am looking forward to see your new store.
And don't be nervous. Feel free to ask us any questions.
LisaGold

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 02:49:14 am »

Hi Trish,
I like shorter names - it's easier to remember them, so I'd pick CurlyQ or CurlyQ Cards or My Alter Eco.
Curly Qs Cards and Gifts

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 12:19:42 am »

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking the name was a bit long and I am thinking of just going with Curly Qs. I am having issues with my profile that I have to get fixed before I dare make any other changes, though. I really love the feel of this community but the site seems like it doesn't want to cooperate lol.  I browsed through common help topics and it appears that I must be doing something wrong because it doesn't seem like anyone else is having these problems Sad
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 11:16:25 am »

I like shorter names too. I really think you need to have "Cards" in the name if that's your principal product. "My Alter Eco" makes me think upcycled things. I like "Curly Qs Cards". BUT, if eco is a principal selling feature of your cards, you could due "CurlyQs Eco Cards". In both cases, up to you if you want a space between Curly and Qs or not.

Looking forward to seeing your art.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  introduction with newbie question
Jump to:  
Click