Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  Natural Cosmetics - preservative
Pages: 1
Author

Natural Cosmetics - preservative

Iryna Litovchenko

« on: January 30, 2018, 09:43:50 am »

Hi All!

I am looking for a preservative for the skin cosmetic product that works in a sand-like substance with some water in it. Basically it’s a coffee scrub made from coffee output from espresso machine mixed with some coconut oil, essential oils and maybe honey.

It would be very appreciated if someone could suggest a good natural preservative that is not harmful for skin and environment.

Thanks everyone!
Iryna
LisaGold

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 12:53:38 am »

Hi Iryna,
Not sure if this is helpful, but check Sugar Sand "a byproduct of evaporation, part of the syrup-making process". It's used in cosmetics. Here is the article.
Ella Jackson

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 02:58:57 am »

Skin is one of the sensitive parts of the human body, and using a natural and organic product is the best way to take care of it, well I don't make natural skincare products at home, but I do order them online store. Many online stores offer natural and organic skincare products with money back guarantee.
janewhites

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 02:43:47 am »

Hi All!

I am looking for a preservative for the skin cosmetic product that works in a sand-like substance with some water in it. Basically it’s a coffee scrub made from coffee output from espresso machine mixed with some coconut oil, essential oils and maybe honey.

It would be very appreciated if someone could suggest a good natural preservative that is not harmful for skin and environment.

Thanks everyone!
Iryna

Iryna, from my experience I can say that essential oils will not be an effective preservative (tried it in my homemade scrub, it was failure) - they will not prevent nasties from growing in the scrub. Same goes for grapefruit seed extract.
You can use Optiphen at 0.5 - 1.5%. That's what I use for my homemade soap. It's harmless to the nature and pretty safe for your customers.
Pages: 1  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  Natural Cosmetics - preservative
Jump to:  
Click