Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Questions Related to the Website  >  Does anyone have any tips for selling on here?
Pages: [1]
Author

Does anyone have any tips for selling on here?

DM Creations

« on: January 14, 2017, 06:03:15 pm »

I made a account and opened my store, now I was just wondering if there is more info on selling my jewelry? Thanks!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 10:51:17 pm »

Hi Dawn,
I'd look through some of the Forum posts on Marketing and Sellers' Bootcamp thread.
Generally speaking, use of social media and blogging, combined with some offline promotional activities, like craft fairs, can help to create awareness of your products and to drive traffic to your store. Thanks!

Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 02:57:22 pm »

Re: Blogging

You can use any free blogging platform but iCraft's has one too. Right from your account, there should be a "My Blog" option.

You don't have to blog all yourself either. You can seek out other bloggers to try to guest blog or offer a giveaway on a more popular blogger's site. (I have never tried this but I've seen lots of giveaways on other people's blogs.)

If not blogging about products, blog about your process. Give a behind the scenes sneak peek at your process or give a studio tour. Blog about what things give you inspiration. Etc.

Have fun!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 03:02:47 pm »

Oh, for advertising, I tried Project Wonderful. My ads got hits but I don't know if my stores got hits from the ads. I know I did not get ANY conversions (sales) out of them. Hover, for a $5.00 investment, it was worth a try! (I haven't touched it in AGES though.)

If you have a hair dresser, I've heard of people putting a tiny little stand of like 5-10 products on the hair dresser's counter - basically consignment sales. They swap out product at some interval. (I've never gotten the nerve to ask to do that!)
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 03:00:37 pm »

Those are some good tips, Fairy Cardmaker!
It's important to mix online with offline advertising and use every chance you get to promote your store.
Wear your own jewelry, use social media to promote it, create business cards with a link to your store and share them with anyone who interested in your jewelry, reach out to other jewelry makers and bloggers and promote each other. 
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Questions Related to the Website  >  Does anyone have any tips for selling on here?
Jump to:  
Click