Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Critique please? I'm hearing crickets....
Pages: [1]
Author

Critique please? I'm hearing crickets....

Papillon Gifts

« on: September 17, 2014, 04:38:20 pm »

I've only been on iCraft for a few weeks.  I've had tons of views, but no nibbles or bites.  Anything advice you can pass along would be great!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 03:30:33 pm »

Welcome, Beth. I've always found the word Papillon so neat Smiley It's much prettier than the English word!  However, since you don't have Jewelry in your shop name, you need to work extra hard at sprinkling those keywords throughout your shop.

So... my advise for you is just MORE.
... more keywords/description/tags
... more products
... more photos

More keywords
Example: Your intro is very short.  What about...
Questions are always welcome, and I am ready to make your custom bracelet, necklace, earrings or rings for you! orders can be arranged. Contact me to make arrangements for your custom made jewelry sets or pieces.

More products
If you are on the 50 listings plan, then get 50 listings in there. Consider how much time you would spend browsing in a brick'n'mortar shop with 10 items versus a shop with 100. Maximize your space.

More photos
You're photo quality looks well enough to me!

On this one, you say that you could replace the chain with a black cord. You have more photo slots, why not show what this option looks like?
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/61072/handmade-turquoise-and-white-necklace.php

More description/tags
Fill up more tags on your products. For example:
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/61788/swarovski-crystal-angel-earrings.php
I would add:
Angels
Turqoise
Lever-back
Dangle earrings
Christmas earrings
... is that a birthstone colour? Try to market that angle too.

Review your other listings to see what you can add.

The thing to remember is:
Search engines don't see pictures. They see only text.
Some people don't read. They only look.

Therefore.....
Take your pictures so that someone can understand everything about your product without an accompanying description
Write your descriptions so that someone can understand and envision your product without any accompanying pictures.

Hope that helps!
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Critique please? I'm hearing crickets....
Jump to:  
Click