Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Questions Related to the Website  >  What is your definition of Handmade??
Pages: [1]
Author

What is your definition of Handmade??

Unique Bundle

« on: April 09, 2014, 10:35:40 pm »

When is it not hand made?  I was just shopping and came across another shop where the items looked very much "manufactured".  It seems as if there are more and more shops on this site that are not truly hand made by one individual, and in some cases appear to really be manufactured.  What steps are being made to keep this site Truly HANDMADE??  I chose iCraft over the other site because I was so happy to see the items in shops were really handmade items. Are we trending towards allowing this to happen to iCraft?  I just renewed for a year and am very disappointed to be seeing more and more shops like this.  While they may be designed by an individual, the execution is not "handmade".  What is the definition you go by, deciding if something is handmade??  Cars off the assembly line are handmade aren't they??
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 04:53:47 am »

Hi Unique Bundle,

We have a page under "Sell Handmade" section defining What's considered handmade on our site.

We try to monitor as much as possible what's posted on the site and ask sellers for additional info about their items when in doubt. However, we are not experts at all types of crafts represented on the site, so we rely on the community as well to help us identify products that don't fit the definition of handmade products. There is a link on every product page to "Report this Item".  Please use it whenever you see something manufactured etc., and provide us with the reasons why you think so. We'll definitely investigate each reported product/store. Thanks!
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Questions Related to the Website  >  What is your definition of Handmade??
Jump to:  
Click