Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Questions Related to the Website  >  Cloning Products
Pages: [1]
Author

Cloning Products

Red Rock Designs

« on: December 27, 2013, 10:04:55 pm »

Hi, quick question:   If I clone a product listing, but change a little info in either the title or description, for instance the colour or size, will this still be considered a 'cloned' listing?  Or will it be considered 'duplicate content' because the original listing was changed?

I've never used the Clone This Product feature, so I'm not sure if I can make minor changes in the 2nd cloned listing.  Is there some kind of threshold or number of characters changed, for the listing to move from Cloned to Duplicate ?

Thanks
bibi
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 02:49:43 am »

Hmmm... 'Cloned' listing is marked as such only when you initially use clone link and don't make any changes to that listing. We insert word "Cloned" in the Product Title just to remind you to make some changes to that listing, so you don't have 2 identical Live listings.

We mark listings "Duplicate" only if they are too close to each other - changing 1 or 2 words are usually not enough to make 2 listings unique. However, I can't tell you exactly how the system determines that your listings look like duplicates. Generally, the more changes you make to the copy - title and description - the better.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 10:27:07 pm »

I've never seen that "duplicate" label.  Huh.

I've used the "clone" feature before though.  I do change the title and copy quite a bit though, but like to keep all the tags and stuff.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Questions Related to the Website  >  Cloning Products
Jump to:  
Click