Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Questions Related to the Website  >  Pricing of jewelry
Pages: [1]
Author

Pricing of jewelry

Jewelry Made With Love

« on: December 11, 2013, 09:17:39 pm »

How can I tell if I'm asking too much for my jewelry? I think my prices are fair and almost below my cost if I hadn't found a place to get the beads at someplace besides the stores. I haven't had comments on any but 1. Is it because I haven't been on the site a long time?  Any help/information or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 09:00:59 am »

Hi, here's my two cents (pun not intended!)

If you price your items below cost (as you indicated) you won't make a profit! And you won't be able to cover your expenses and materials. 
I've struggled with pricing myself, but here's a  quick formula, I'm not sure if it also works with other products (non jewelry) as well:

Base price =
(cost of materials + packaging) x 4
+ your pro-rated hourly labor rate

then + 10% of that total for overhead costs.

The formula is from a blog by Rena Klingenberg, jewelry designer and business owner.  For more details specifically for jewelry pricing, here's the link : http://jewelrymakingjournal.com/jewelry-pricing-formula/

I find a lot of the time when I see pricing that's too low, I think the vendor forgets to include their time, skill and labour into the price. 

Another factor could be that you're new to the site, as you've said below.  Be sure to include your shop address in all your media sites so your customers know where to find you, and perhaps consider only accepting sales through your shop here, or offer discounts/coupons exclusively to customers shopping online.  Make sure you're also using the right keywords to describe your items so customers can find you easily.  Again, go through the Sellers Bootcamp in the Forum, all topics for shop optimization is explained.

Good luck
Bibi
Jewelry Made With Love

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 11:49:32 am »

Thank you.

I have to sit down and take the time to do all of this. I feel like life has swamped me and I have no time to think let alone work my site. After this weekend my life should slow down.

I'll will take everything under consideration and work my site.

Thanks again.

Cindy
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Questions Related to the Website  >  Pricing of jewelry
Jump to:  
Click