Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  What do you think
Pages: [1]
Author

What do you think

Olde Fancywork Quilts

« on: May 16, 2013, 07:36:04 am »

I just listed a few things and I know I need lots of  instructions on how to do this!  I found this whole process pretty time consuming, and don't want to list any more items  until I get some pointers from some onlookers .....any advice or criticism  would be appreciated.
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 10:39:20 am »

Hi and welcome to iCraft!  Your store looks good, you've included some great info about the process on your store page.  Maybe break up the paragraph into 1 or 2, so it's easier to read.

I would suggest using more key search words in the titles of the listings and in the body of the listings.  For instance, your item entitled "Pretty Message Pillow"...as a customer looking for a pillow I wouldn't use those search words....consider something like "vintage lace pillow" or "flowered lace pillow" .  You can also 'be the customer' and search for pillows online using different keywords to see how other vendors are describing handmade pillows, or pillows similar to yours.  Some keywords that may be helpful are: vintage, lace, handmade, cottage, flowered, wedding, romantic. 

Since you use old or vintage fabrics to make your products...I think that's called upcycling...which is a very trending word right now.  Using Upcycled on your store page and in product titles may be worthwhile.

The photos are good and clear.  Definately 1 or 2 more photos needed for each, to show the front and back.  As well as listing the sizes of the pillows.
Definately look through the iCraft Forum and Blog articles to get more ideas.
Good luck.
Bibi
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  What do you think
Jump to:  
Click