Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Questions Related to the Website  >  Paid Not Paid
Pages: [1]
Author

Paid Not Paid

BostonBeanies

« on: April 05, 2013, 10:26:19 am »

My patterns are slowly gaining notice, which is great.  But there seems to be a glitch in that people can "buy" an item without paying for it.  I received the email that an item has sold, I was all ready to email my pattern, and then I double checked and the status was "not paid".  This has happened several times.  I find it very frustrating that an item can have a false status as sold when it has not been paid for.  Is there any way to change this?   it is inflating my sales records which I don't like, and emails should never be sent out until the transaction is complete, with funds received.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 11:20:22 am »

Hi BostonBeanies,

We send email notifications about new sale to you right after your buyer went through all the steps in our Checkout process. At that point, we hand them off to PayPal and can't see what happens after that. Sometimes people don't complete payment step because they are confused by PayPal's system. So our thinking was - it's better let seller know that they had the sale, so they could get in touch with the buyer in case there is a problem on the payment step etc.

I believe our email notification just says "You have a Sale", not "You have a Payment", but I'll double check.
We'll also add a line in that email about Payment Status, so sellers, like yourself, know if person paid yet or not.

Thank you for your feedback and congrats on new sales!  Grin
BostonBeanies

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 04:13:43 pm »

Thanks, I'm happy about the added sales, and a payment status in the email would be great because it is a bit deceiving to have a sale, but it be incomplete with no payment.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 04:16:00 pm »

I'll post a note here, once we update that email message.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Questions Related to the Website  >  Paid Not Paid
Jump to:  
Click