Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Improving iCraftGifts' contest section
Pages: [1] 2  All
Author

Improving iCraftGifts' contest section

Lannie

Administrator

« on: January 28, 2013, 10:55:47 am »

Hello iCrafters,

We need your help to improve the Contests section on iCraftGifts.

Please let us know your opinion: What would make a contest interesting and challenging and fun for you?

Some aspects to consider are categories (images, designs; connections with holidays); and the prizes (what would entice you to try to win?)

Please let us know your thoughts by February 8.

Thanks and let’s have some fun with these contests!
Delightful Suds

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 03:55:25 pm »

For me an enticing prize would be free monthly listings say for 5 months or so?
Lannie

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 08:32:24 pm »

Delightful Suds,

Thanks for writing. I'll add your suggestion to my list.

Lannie

Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 09:29:26 pm »

I think it's tough to have contests that appeal to both sellers and buyers at the same time.  You must tailor to the audience to get more participation and those are two different audiences motivated by two different kinds of prizes.

DelightfulSuds made a great suggestion from a sellers POV, but that would not inspire a buyer.

Perhaps, if sellers are to "donate" product to a buyer's prize bag, the seller would get some kind of free promotion and advertising (or fees) from iCraft.  Then buyers would enter the contests but sellers would be participating for a different prize at the same time.  Something along those lines.
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 04:46:25 pm »

Fairy Cardmaker, excellent point and suggestion.
I agree.  If sellers donated prizes for the buyer’s contest, it’s a win-win for both….marketing/exposure for the seller and a handmade prize for buyer.

The seller’s prizes could be related to more seo optimizing/marketing and fees, or other things that are icraft site or business related.

It looks like photos are the most popular form of participation in the contests.  I’ll think of some contest ideas to post…..

Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 09:59:27 pm »

Are scavenger hunts still popular?  One of the contests could be a scavenger hunt.  That would force buyers to look deeply through shops.
JaJeJems

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 10:19:18 am »

The idea of having two different prize structures is a great one and might motivate more people to take part.  I usually enter a contest to promote my product even if there isn't a prize involved.  I think a lot of sellers would be motivated by a prize  that would help them do that. Buyers on the other hand would probably like actual products for prizes.  I agree with donated prizes as well.  If you had several donated prizes then the winner could get first choice of one prize, 2nd place gets second choice etc.  As a buyer I would be more motivated if I got a choice for my prize - not that all of the prizes wouldn't be great of course.  When I won the coffee contest I got three wonderful prizes, however, I would have been just as thrilled with one and there were other good entries in the contest.

Finding themes will always be a challenge especially if the same contests are open to both buyers and sellers.  What about alternating contests with every other one for buyers? do you have any stats on how may buyers actually take part in contests now?
I am also intrigued by the scavenger hunt idea - maybe a good buyer contest??

Will you also be looking at how the winners will be chosen? do the entries get a lot of votes?  I didn't get that impression in the coffee contest and I think i wond because I told all my friends to vote for me!

Just a few of my thoughts - I would like to see the contest section continue.

Lannie

Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 07:07:24 pm »

JaJeJems, Fairy Cardmaker, Red Rock Designs and Delightful Suds:

Thank you so much for your prompt and thoughtful responses! I think all of your ideas are excellent - and the concept of the different focus that buyers and sellers would bring to a contest is particularly helpful.

Our next contest, for National Craft Month, will be for sellers only, both iCraft and other online sellers. We will be asking sellers to choose their most interesting craft, describe it and provide a photo. The winner will be chosen based on the number of comments, tweets and retweets, etc. More details will come with the contest announcement.

The idea of iCrafters donating the prizes is great. The donors will be featured as part of the contest promotion.

Thank you again for your thoughtfulness, and if you have any more ideas, please let us know!

SO, who among you iCrafters would be interested in donating one of your products as a prize to the National Craft Month contest?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 07:13:25 pm by iCraft Admin »
The Knitting Lady

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 09:27:53 pm »

Great ideas! Sounds interesting.
I'd be interested in donating some products. Here is one of my very popular Frilly Scarves, which I've been making non-stop recently, worth $25.00. I have many in different colors.

or this Crochet Table Cover also worth $25.00, which would work great for Valentine's Day Contest, if you plan to have one.

Are these kind of products you are looking for?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 01:57:42 am by The Knitting Lady »
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 08:48:31 am »

I'd like to donate a prize as well....a beaded jewelry item.  I am discontinuing the beaded jewelry so I may also include a chain maille piece as well.
Lannie

Administrator

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 10:41:58 am »

Knitting Lady and Red Rock Designs:

Thank you both so much for offering to donate products as prizes for the National Craft Month contest. We accept your offer!  We'll get back to you with details shortly.

If anyone else is interested in donating products as prizes, please let us know!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 10:47:04 am by WordsAndMore »
Billyboy

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 02:29:34 pm »

Hi everyone.  I would be glad to donate a cheese board to the contest.   Winning some of the icraft products would entice me to take part.   Thanks, Bill Major
Lannie

Administrator

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 05:29:49 pm »

Hi Bill,

That's wonderful! Thanks very much for your offer to donate a cheese board as a prize for the National Craft Month contest. We'll get back to you with details.

And it's good to hear that winning an iCraft product would entice you to participate!

Lannie
JaJeJems

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 12:10:14 pm »

Hi everyone,

I would also like to donate a prize, probably a sea glass necklace, value $25 for next contest if you need more prizes
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 02:11:14 pm »

That's great, JaJeJems! Yes, we are still accepting donations Smiley
Could you please provide a link to the product you are donating?
Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2  All  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Improving iCraftGifts' contest section
Jump to:  
Click