Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Redesigned Widget Builder
Pages: [1]
Author

Redesigned Widget Builder

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: January 16, 2013, 02:34:59 pm »

Hello iCrafters,

We just released new redesigned widget builder for creating promotional widgets that you can add to your personal sites and blogs.

Improvements:
  • Replaced flash-based widget with HTML-based widget, so it is viewable now on all mobile devices.
  • You have now more controls for customizing color, text and size of product images.
  • The biggest improvement is that this widget can be used not only to feature all products from your store.
    You can also create multiple widgets for your different product collections. Basically, all the links you have on the left in your store, can be now used to create different promotional widgets.
  • You can also create widgets for any of our Search Results pages, like this one https://icraftgifts.com/k/gifts-for-her, if you want to feature a specific subset of our products on your blog.

Please replace existing widgets on your sites and let us know if you have any feedback on this redesigned tool. Thanks!  Grin
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 10:06:28 am »

My widget was displaying jewellery today.  Not  my product.  I took a screen shot before I deleted the widget if you need to see it.  If I have done the settings wrong, then a screen shot explaining all the fields for the new box might help me get it right, please.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 07:49:38 pm »

Hi Lisa,

Just so I understand what happened - you created a widget using our new tool, everything looked fine in a preview, but when you added it to your site, it was showing jewelry, instead of your items?

Too bad you deleted it, as we'd need to see a code that was generating those results. Screen shot won't really tell us what's causing wrong products to be displayed there.

Is it possible, you didn't replace the default URL that is a actually a Jewelry URL?
Did you see everything fine in a preview? Can you please try to recreate this situation and send us URL? Thanks!
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Redesigned Widget Builder
Jump to:  
Click