Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  Canadian Sales Tax
Pages: [1]
Author

Canadian Sales Tax

PillowThrowDecor

« on: November 22, 2012, 08:57:28 pm »

How are others collecting Canadian sales tax from Canadian buyers?

Someone said that you could set that up in Paypal.  I looked but couldn't find it. Further, if I were to make  a change on Paypal to automatically collect it from Canadian buyers, would this affect my other online store which collects Canadian tax at source.

Until now I have absorbed the tax into my selling price but really need to collect it separately from the purchase price and preferably at source in my icraft store.

Suggestions Huh Thanks so much for any advice here

Cheers
Christine
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 11:45:04 pm by PillowThrowDecor »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 11:27:05 pm »

Hi Christine,

We let PayPal calculate taxes based on user's settings.
Its actually better for you to manage taxes in one place. So when taxes change, like GST to HST, you don't have to go to all your stores and update them individually. You can just update them in one place - your PayPal account.
I'll see if we can put a Help article on PayPal and taxes soon.

Not sure about the other places. I assume if they pass tax info to PayPal, PayPal shouldn't add taxes second time. But I can't say that that's what will happen for sure.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 11:44:40 pm »

I've looked under 'profile' in Paypal where they say you can set taxes but I can't find it  Embarrassed

Would love to hear from other Canadian sellers that have a store on another handmade site and which calculates tax at source.

Cheers
Christine
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 02:00:08 pm »

I am not HST registered, so I do not collect tax.  However, you can find it under Paypal at:
My Account Tab
Click on Profile (more option appear than the drop down if you actually click on profile)
There are three columns: Account Information, Financial Information, Selling Preferences.
One of the options under selling preferences is Sales Tax.

Hope that helps.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  Canadian Sales Tax
Jump to:  
Click