Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Bootcamp #4: Update?
Pages: [1] 2  All
Author

Bootcamp #4: Update?

Fairy Cardmaker

« on: November 02, 2012, 09:16:06 pm »

Is anyone seeing a difference for the holiday season yet and all the bootcamp stuff we did?

I have not seen any differences yet.  Twitter is not showing up anywhere in my traffic sources for my blog or other shop.  Views on iCraft have been about the same.  I admit however, hitting my head on the 50 item limit has meant little new product here so far.  (That and some catching up on they day job has kept me away.)  I have updated a few listings here and there as time allows.  I still have A LOT of product to update though, so I expect any traffic changes will be a long time coming before they are noticeable for me anyway.

Thanks, Janis and Kat, for your comments on my stuff and some pinterest posts.  I'm not on Pinterest but I try to return the favour with comments too when I have the time to browse.
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 03:19:55 am »

I see a big difference in views when I post on google.  I have alot of retweets and repins but don't know how to track those......Kat
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 03:29:53 am by Jewelry by Kat »
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 05:23:01 pm »

I don't know how to track retweets and repins either.  But I do have more traffic on page views.
I haven't really used google+ since signing up  Undecided
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 08:57:19 pm »

I don't know how to track retweets
Twitter's Interactions tab shows all your retweets mixed with mentions etc.

If you want to see your retweets only, then you can use services like Retweet Rank, which also attempts to rank users by how often they’re retweeted. Enter your Twitter Name at the top and click on "Find Retweet Rank" button. All your reTweets will be displayed at the bottom of the page.

TweetReach shows most popular retweets, as well as how many other Twitter users are reached by one of your tweets.

BackTweets is a way to find out how many people are (re)Tweeting your certain links. Just enter any of your URLs at the top of the page and click "Go".

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 12:19:04 am »

Twitter is not showing up anywhere in my traffic sources for my blog or other shop.
Hi Fairy Cardmaker,

Your Twitter account is very new. You need to get a lot more Twitter followers (a few thousands) and get a lot more retweets, before you see the real results from Twitter. Building traffic is a lengthy and ongoing process.

Btw, traffic from social media sites is not always captured properly by Web Analytics programs.

Also, don't just look at the direct links from social media sites, as an improvement. Over time, your organic traffic from Google will improve,  due to increase in links from social media sites. Even if nobody clicked on them, Google will still count them as votes on your pages. So the more links on Twitter, FB etc, you'll build over time, the better!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 12:26:36 am by iCraft Admin »
Delightful Suds

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 06:19:02 pm »

I haven't seen a difference either, but I've been following a lot more people on Twitter and being more involved there in the past week or so, and I've gained a additional 100 new followers to what I already had. I'll keep working on that to make that number even higher!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 11:00:53 pm »

LOL.  I am sooooo anti-social.  I have less than 20 followers and am following less than 20 channels.  I find the "search for people" function nearly useless.  It keeps showing me celebrities, blech.
JaJeJems

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 02:10:16 pm »

Well I am up to over 1000 followers on Twitter from the 2 I started with after Bootcamp!  I have seen an improvement in page views but not sure which social media activity is helping most.  Anyway it isn't hurting anything and now I am getting into the habit of pinning and tweeting!  My Twitter account was hacked early on which nearly made me quit but another tweeter told me to change my password regularly and I have been fine since I do that - just a little hint!
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 02:13:14 am »

I have 900 tweeters following me and it increases every day.  I list my items on google 4 times a week and the increase in views is huge.  The items that we all worked on went from 190views to 750 views. I also was able to sell 6 items , a huge success. Of course I am retired so I work my chanels every day. It is a habit now that when I make a new item, after I put it in my shops , I put it on facebook and pin it and tweet it. When I write my descriptions I have the fear of god in me to get those keywords right in the first couple sentances!!  But the result is good......Kat
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 09:50:40 am »

I think that's awesome Kat and JaJe...good job.  Consistency is the key, I see. 
I tend to tweet and pin in spurts every few days, but I must learn to make it a daily routine...like checking email!
More hours in the day would definately help too!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 03:31:06 am »

Agree, consistency is the key! Glad to hear you guys are getting into a habit of using social media, as promotional tools, and already seeing some benefits of that. You'll be pros in no time! Cool
We should continue in a few weeks with the second part of the Bootcamp. Maybe early February? What do you think?   Wink
JaJeJems

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 06:09:31 pm »

February sounds good to me
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 09:45:53 pm »

I was swallowed up by a great book series over the holidays.  It is past time to get back in the saddle.  February is fine.  My busiest season at work is February to April, so I may lag behind here and there but I can always catch up on weekends.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 10:56:53 pm by iCraft Admin »
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 07:51:16 pm »

February is good for me too.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 08:51:51 pm »

Most likely will run next Bootcamp in March, so please mark March 1st as a start date.
Pages: [1] 2  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Bootcamp #4: Update?
Jump to:  
Click