Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  New Feature connecting your iCraft Blog with Google +
Pages: [1]
Author

New Feature connecting your iCraft Blog with Google +

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: October 19, 2012, 08:46:39 am »

In an attempt to improve the quality of Google’s search results, Google is now prominently displaying information about the authors of blog posts in their search results. You can see author's photo, link to their Google + profile and sometimes even the number of people in their circles.

“Authorship is a great way to identify and highlight high-quality content,” Google Product Manager Sagar Kamdar said in a company blog post. “Plus, the web is centered around people. People discovering content on the web often want to learn more about its author, see other content by that author, and even interact with the author.”

If you want to enable this great feature for your iCraftGifts.com Blog and get a greater recognition in Google search results, please follow the instructions on how to do that on our Help section. Thanks!
JaJeJems

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 10:22:56 pm »

I have been trying to add Google+ to my  blog profile and I keep getting an error that saysForbidden

You don't have permission to access /member_blog_profile.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/5.3.10 SVN/1.6.17 Server at icraftgifts.com Port 80
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 01:56:24 am »

Hmmm... ok, we'll investigate.  Roll Eyes
Thanks for reporting, JaJeJems!
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  New Feature connecting your iCraft Blog with Google +
Jump to:  
Click