Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 17 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Keep working on your posts
Pages: 1 [2]  All
Author

Day 17 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Keep working on your posts

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 10:26:59 pm »

Lisa, excellent post! You are such a pro now. A+ Smiley
Oh, and if you don't want to mix up Jewelry with Paper Craft on your Blog, you can post those articles on iCraft next time...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 10:33:19 pm by iCraft Admin »
JaJeJems

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 10:36:17 pm »

Just posted my effort.  Well Fairy C once again you have come through with a very readable and enjoyable blog.  I also love the title and the history of charms is very interesting.  How DO you do it?  The pictures are awesome and very complimentary to Kat's beautiful work.  Going to have a look at Silver Workshop and then it is off to bed for me!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 10:46:17 pm »

Hi Silver Workshop,

I was going to say - Can you pls use this spelling of "chainmaille jewelry" in your post (on anchor text especially)? But then I checked - both spellings have search volumes associated with them and they are related words.... so variation in spelling is probably a good thing. Other links are good too.

Small recommendation is to add line breaks in the body of the article, like before an after this sentence "What if you could add a new accessory to spice up your outfit?" For me, it felt like I was reading a continuous sentence. I needed a break before a new sentence. Line breaks create chunks of copy that's easier for online users to read and to scan.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 10:50:58 pm »

Quick question, JaJeJems - where did you get the first 2 images? If those are yours of from Marta, that's good, but if you used someone else's images, make sure to check that they allow image re-use and also give them a credit at the bottom of the page. I'll review your post in a minute. So far, looks like a very nice post as well!  Grin
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 11:12:06 pm »

Silver workshop,  Your post is good so far.  I like how you are getting ready for work and explain chain maille design and style. Can't wait for your ending......Kat
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2012, 11:14:53 pm »

Thanks, everyone.  The history idea was actually Marina's (Admin!).

Silver - I like how you added subtle suggestions of mood like spice and sass and sparkle!  I agree, the ending is abrupt.  What if you tied it back to the misconception about chainmaille being heavy and leave off with the new impression?  Something like.....

Red Rock Designs is living proof that chainmaille isn't just for medieval knights and motorcycle gangs anymore!  It is light, elaborate, colourful and perfect for that "little something different" in the armory that is your jewellery box.

(P.S. I don't mind mixing up my blog with off-topic stuff too!  I figured my readers like handmade afterall and I thought it would be good to get a different readership for my fellow handmade sellers from an outside blog.  I'm just not used to it with frequency.  No worries!  I have scheduled a paper post to auto-post while I am still at training.)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 11:18:56 pm by Fairy Cardmaker »
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2012, 11:26:58 pm »

I fixed the images and wrote the alternative text but it does'nt show......Kat
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 11:34:00 pm »

Hi Kat,

That Alt text only shows when images are not displayed. However, search engines and people with disabilities can still use it.

OK, thanks! I'll review your post in a min and approve it, so others could give you their feedback.
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2012, 11:46:23 pm »

sorry if I'm late...posted on iCraft blog - ready for review. bb
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2012, 11:50:57 pm »

Thanks Bibi! Busy time for me... ha ha ... I guess I asked for it   Shocked
I'll review and approve it shortly.
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2012, 12:04:32 am »

Fairy C, excellent post. I love that you included a little history lesson on charms.  It flows very nicely. And I agree the photos are very complimentary.

Silver Workshop, good job. I know there is a misconception about how heavy it may be. I vote for Fairy C’s ending, tying back to the 1st paragraph is a more natural ending.
JaJeJems

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2012, 06:21:38 pm »

oops admin!  will have to change those pictures because I can't find where I got the one and I can't use the other! How can I change them now? I have something else in mind
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 06:57:47 pm by JaJeJems »
Silver Workshop

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2012, 07:17:57 pm »

Thanks for all your feedback everyone, I'm glad Bibi approves of the post!

I pretty much stole  Fairy C's ending because she's so good at this (thanks for that Wink). I added a link to the icraft chain maille section. I chose the  keywords "chain maille" because Bibi's product uses those keywords. I think that covers it. I'm off to have dinner and then will do today's work and check out everyone else's posts.
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2012, 01:29:35 pm »

Admin, I need to make a small correction in my blog about Silver Workshop and the porcelain beaded earrings....can I still edit it?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2012, 03:08:55 pm »

Hi Red Rock Designs,
Please email me your changes, as you can't edit a post after its published. Thanks!
Pages: 1 [2]  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 17 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Keep working on your posts
Jump to:  
Click