Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 5 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Review "Red Rock Designs"
Pages: 1 [2]  All
Author

Day 5 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Review "Red Rock Designs"

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 03:05:25 am »

Bibi, I have another comment for you on your Product Prices. I also don't think you should lower your prices and devalue your work.

To make your products look more affordable, you could place a few of them on sale and anchor them against the products that are sold at a regular price. This way you'd show people how much your work is really worth, yet you are giving them a chance to own a few pieces at an even better price. Retailers do this all the time and it works!  Wink

Actually, because people are so susceptible to anchoring, I'd suggest everyone always have at least couple of items on sale all the time.

Here is a good article illustrating how Price Anchoring works.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 03:11:56 am by iCraft Admin »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 04:07:25 am »

Hi Bibi,

Here are some Keyword ideas for you. A lot of variations of different spelling for chain maille  Roll Eyes
chain maille - 60,500   
chainmaille jewelry - 5,400   
chainmaille jewellery - 4,400   
chainmaille rings - 3,600
chainmail bracelets - 1,600
chain maille bracelet - 1,300   
chain maille bracelets - 880
chainmail bracelet - 1,900
byzantine chain - 3,600
chain maille byzantine - 720
byzantine chain maille - 720   
chainmail byzantine - 590   
unique beaded jewelry - 480   
beaded charm bracelets - 1,600
Hand stitched bracelets - No searches, looks like this term "Hand stitched" is associated with sewing only.
beaded keychains - 3,600 - good term for this product page https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/33409/beaded-keychains.php Just add more details in the title and description!

I think I'd use "Chainmaille Jewelry" with 5,400 searches as your main Phrase for the store page.   
Same advise as for others - talk about your products first and then about yourself. So the line "I am Bibi... "should be ideally moved down on the page.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 04:15:43 am by iCraft Admin »
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 09:04:05 pm »

I've made some tweaks to my store description...it's in the 3rd person now...not sure if this sounds better  Undecided
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 11:59:14 pm »

Bibi, I think your store description reads well. However, you are still using more competitive term "chain maille" in your store copy. Don't like chainmaille jewelry? It would be easier to work with it.

I also wanted to mention, if people know you by your store name/your brand, then by all means mention it a couple of times in your description too, as Bibi did.
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 10:00:03 am »

ok...should I keep the spelling consistent in my page descriptions too? or use both, "chain maille jewelry" and "chainmaille jewelry" ?

I think I'm under the impression that the search volume words with the highest numbers are the best ones to use....that's not right?
We should be staying within the mid-range, to drive the right type of traffic ?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 02:35:43 pm »

Hi Bibi,

You can use both spellings of chainmaille, however, optimize your page for one term "chainmaille jewelry". This mean you have to use exact spelling of "chainmaille jewelry" in your Title and once in your description.

Those terms with high numbers are very competitive, meaning many people optimize their pages for the same terms and all try to achieve placement on the first page of Google for that particular term. Just search for different terms on Google and see how many results come up.

So what we do then, we choose less competitive terms that can still bring in some traffic and optimize our pages for those terms. If you do that on each of your product pages, overall, you can get a noticeable amount of traffic, as each page brings a bit and contributes to overall store performance. Someone like Kat with 300 product pages can become a real power-house, if she'll master the page optimization techniques. Generally, the more pages you have (especially if they are optimized), the more chances of appearing in Google you have.

You can see how competitive each term in Google Keyword Tool. Just enable that column, if it's not appearing now. I'd say choose Low Competition Keywords. They are usually made of 3 words and called long-tail Keywords. There are many articles written on the web, like this one on SEOmoz, on how to choose good long-tail keywords, some offering free tools as well.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 08:26:06 pm »

One more point on the long-tails. They usually have a higher conversion rate than more competitive keywords, because they bring more targeted traffic.

Example: someone who searched for Blue Butterfly Necklace will most likely to buy your Blue Butterfly Necklace, because that's exactly what he/she was looking for. If the user searched for Blue Necklace or Butterfly Necklace, there is less chances for them to buy it, as your necklace might be in a wrong color or the buyer is not really into butterflies.

So buy targeting more specific (long tail) keywords you are actually targeting your potential customers and not just anyone who has interest in necklaces. Hope this helps!
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 08:40:08 pm »

Just to clarify (since this is completely new to me and its taking awhile to sink in).... Titles should be as specific as they can be...and the copy should have descriptors that boost the title.....
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 08:49:19 pm »

I guess you can say that, Red Rock Designs! Just make sure those descriptive terms also contain Keywords that are associated with some search volumes on Google. Your Title actually should start with those main Keywords... then you add other descriptive Keywords.
Pages: 1 [2]  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 5 Assignment, Bootcamp #4 - Review "Red Rock Designs"
Jump to:  
Click